Heli bars installed - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Heli bars installed

I just installed a set of Heli bars bars on my S1000RR and it made a world of difference on my wrists and overall comfort. I'm still waiting on my grip puppies should be here by next Wednesday. If you looking for a more comfortable and upright position you can't go wrong with them I'm completely in love with the bike now. Here is pic of them installed.

dozerdogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Good deal! I've been thinking about those.....how difficult were they to install?? Do you use the original cables, etc?

2010 S1000RR - White/Blue/Red
2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R
2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000
2008 Suzuki M-109R LE
2008 Kawasaki Teryx
R1HOOLIGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I had them installed by a dealer. They charged me 1 Hour labor and said it was a cut and dry procedure no problems encountered at all. I'm telling you once you put them on you'll wonder how you ever did it without them.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you order them from?
siddo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

The price you see on the box is not the price I paid. I paid 319.99 just like everyone else. I assure I would of paid double that if I knew how good they worked. I always put them on my bikes when applicable.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have just fitted mine as well, unfortunately I have pulled a R shoulder muscle so I have only had a short ride on which the pain from the shoulder masked just about everything else............bollox.

Fitting was straight forward and everything lined up and fitted nicely, the only thing I might try and alter is the lever angle, I may try andget them a little further pointing down, the RH will involve loosening the brake line off the master cylinder, and the LH is going to involve a dremel as the clutch micro switch hits the helibars, but to be fair I do like my levers pointing down more than most people.

The switchgear on the RH side is a bit fiddly to get off and you really need a screwdriver type T8 torx, I found the T8 from my 1/4 drive snap on stuff was'nt long enough, cover the clocks with a good rag before fitting the bars as the top triple ends up close to them.

A really nice well engineered product, all std cables are retained
Old 08-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
I have just fitted mine as well, unfortunately I have pulled a R shoulder muscle so I have only had a short ride on which the pain from the shoulder masked just about everything else............bollox.
Fitting was straight forward and everything lined up and fitted nicely, the only thing I might try and alter is the lever angle, I may try andget them a little further pointing down, the RH will involve loosening the brake line off the master cylinder, and the LH is going to involve a dremel as the clutch micro switch hits the helibars, but to be fair I do like my levers pointing down more than most people.

The switchgear on the RH side is a bit fiddly to get off and you really need a screwdriver type T8 torx, I found the T8 from my 1/4 drive snap on stuff was'nt long enough, cover the clocks with a good rag before fitting the bars as the top triple ends up close to them.

MY levers fit really good without the use of a dremmell. I would call Heli first before cutting and grinding into anything. When I spoke to them their was no reason for cutting or grinding if so your doing something wrong. My bars fit perfect. please call before making any hasty decisions to cut they will walk you through it.

Last edited by Triple Threat; 10-31-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3

Can we get any better pics of the bars on the bike?
HyperM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

Here are several different angles and pics installed.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Can we get any better pics of the bars on the bike?
Honestly...I can't tell a thing from that first pic. Great report, though, thanks!
LiterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement