BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Parts falling off at the track

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Karlb 
#1 · (Edited)

Sucks for me cause I have to buy replacements. Worse is they could have seriously hurt someone hitting them at speed.

See less See more
#3 ·
Wait, I wonder if I have that part in my OEM bin. I remember saving it somewhere. I'll let you know.

#15 ·
Track days I've been to there's only one tech inspection at the beginning of the day and all the riders are left on their own to determine through out the day if the bike is still track worthy.

If you've ever walked a track after a track day (or even scarier, an airport runway) you'll be traumatized by what you find out there laying on the ground.

For the guy that duct taped his belly fairing back on and nearly maimed someone with it, there should be something really draconian that falls on them. The quality of track days and what people get away with is something to be concerned about.

#18 ·
Lots of stuff can come loose/fall off/break during a track day, it's on the marshals to watch for stuff flapping or coming loose. Sure, if someone's handlebar touches the ground they have to re tech, but the marshals can black flag you for equipment any time, and that requires re tech too. So there is primary responsibility on the rider, but marshals are responsible to some extent to keep other riders safe from "your" equipment issues. Duct tape would be a nogo where I ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.