HELP. Something Stuck in Stem Hole Thing! - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

HELP. Something Stuck in Stem Hole Thing!

EDIT: SOLVED! I put a steel wire through the small rubber hole, then tied the bottom wire around a small hook screw: http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...537b6_1000.jpg

Then I got a cue tip that I dipped in olive oil & lubricated the inside of the HOLE. Afterwards, I got the top wire, which I will be pulling, & wrapped it around a steel rod which I was gonna use to pull the rubber thing up. It took a good 2 minutes but it popped out!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUGGESTIONS, IT WAS GROUP EFFORT! & LIKE ALWAYS, THIS FORUM HAS HELPED ME TIME & TIME AGAIN thank you so much!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was installing my ram mount. I've done it before successfully but this time, the world is sending me a message that I shouldn't ever touch anything on this bike because each time I do, something goes wrong.

I pushed in the ram mount rubber thing into the stem hole thing(I have no clue what that's called) and I was tightening it and I thought it wasn't tight enough so I was going to make some adjustments but I accidentally loosened it too much that it came apart inside the hole the rubber thing is stuck inside the hole. I'm terrified because I don't even know what that hole is supposed to do.

Long story short:

There's a rubber thing stuck in the hole. I pushed it down a little further out of anger with a steel rod thingy. What should I do? Should I push it down further but will it come out the other end? ..is that even possible? PLEASE HELP WHAT DO I DO?

Image attached below of THE HOLE.

2016 BMW S1000RR
2014 Yamaha R6

Last edited by SaiyanMuscle; 06-18-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Adding the solution to my posted problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:49 PM

You need a steel hook thingie, get in there and excise the demon. Or super long needle nose pliers.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:52 PM

If rubber piece has a hole, use a hook made from wire hanger for instance to pull it out.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skapan View Post
You need a steel hook thingie, get in there and excise the demon. Or super long needle nose pliers.
There's no room in there to use pliers or even a steel hook thing

Could pushing it down all the way work instead? There was a nut below the rubber piece that just fell through onto the ground. I wanted to ask before doing anything further.

2016 BMW S1000RR
2014 Yamaha R6
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:55 PM

Maybe. Never had problems with my stem hole.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:58 PM

You will need to move the brake line to free the hole on the bottom to push the rubber down and out.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDan View Post
You will need to move the brake line to free the hole on the bottom to push the rubber down and out.

That black rubber thing is what's stuck in the hole.

Sorry for asking more questions but where's the brake line & how do I move it?

2016 BMW S1000RR
2014 Yamaha R6
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:06 PM

You should be able to hook that. If not the brake line is right below the hole on the bottom of the stem. Remove front fender, you will see a plastic cover, remove it. Next, move the brake line T connector. That will expose the stem hole.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:07 PM
z00

You can push it down through the other end. But you need to look under the triple, there is a trim piece you might need to remove to let rubber piece freely fall. I had to do this when I used a triple front stand.

2015 s1000RR
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
You can push it down through the other end. But you need to look under the triple, there is a trim piece you might need to remove to let rubber piece freely fall. I had to do this when I used a triple front stand.
So I pushed a small wire through to see where it exactly comes out through, I can see that there is something that kind of restricts it to fall through like you said. I guess there's no other way but to push it through.

Just a thought, since it's a small rubber piece....if left there, would it be a bad thing?

2016 BMW S1000RR
2014 Yamaha R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode