Anyone in Seattle? - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Anyone in Seattle?

Hey guys! I've got a job interview in Seattle next week, and was wondering if someone could donate a couch for Friday and/or Saturday evening.

I can bring some beer, cook dinner, and chat about motorcycles! Or I can just stay out of your way and crash on the couch. I'll have almost nothing with me, and I'm a polite guest!

Funds are tight, so I'd rather not get a hotel or AirBNB. Please help! You know I'd do the same for you!

2015 S1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:03 PM
z00

Should not interviewing company pay for travel costs? At least in all remote interviews I had, companies paid for everything.

On a side note, for the cost of beer, etc... finding a cheap room with airbnb close to interview site will end up costing you about the same if you factor in transportation and other costs.

2015 s1000RR
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

In theory they of course should, but many places don't sadly, and this is a smaller community so I didn't expect they would. They offered a Skype interview, but I'd rather them see how tall.and beautiful I am in person.

You're probably right, but I'll get to share the beer and be a bit more comfortable. To me it's worth a shot.

2015 S1000RR

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:13 PM
z00

Big or small, I would not interview if a company is not decent enough to pay the bills.

Just skip eating and drinking out for a while, use 91oct gas for RR, and you will be fine.

2015 s1000RR
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:34 AM

Last year I had the FAA want me to go to Chicago for an interview and I had to flip the bill, I live in Texas.
Plus they are the ones who seeked me out .
I told them thx but no thx !
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 05:14 AM
sro

We should be fvcking ashamed of ourselves.
fredaroony and D.Clocktower like this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:19 AM

Garage
sorry, I just saw this. I would have provided something. I have my father and law in town and have him in my son's room, but I would have made some form of arrangement for you.

If you are referring to Friday, June 23rd, unfortunately I will be working out of the country at that time and won't be able to help.

Guys in the future, if someone needs help in Seattle [and I am not out of the country], remember my info
D.Clocktower likes this.

2010 S1000RR - Carrozzeria | Dunlop | BrakeTech | PFC | Brembo | TWM | CRG | Spiegler | Motion Pro | AFAM | DID | Ohlins | Fluid Suspension Science | EarthX | SlingShot Racing | Pro-Bolts | GB Racing | Moto-D | APE | Samco | Kurveygirl.com | PC5 | Nels Dynotuning |

Last edited by Seraphim38; 06-18-2017 at 10:22 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Seraphim, was a little disappointed when everyone just wanted to talk ****!t about the job.

I'll be out there this Thurs-Saturday if you'll have room. If not no worries at all! My interview is Port Orchard, wherever that is lol.

2015 S1000RR
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Thanks Seraphim, was a little disappointed when everyone just wanted to talk ****!t about the job.

I'll be out there this Thurs-Saturday if you'll have room. If not no worries at all! My interview is Port Orchard, wherever that is lol.
No help to you now Aaron, but before I moved to Brasil I lived about 20 min. from Port Orchard. But...... if you ever travel south, beers, churrasco (BBQ) and motorcycle chat sounds great. You might have to share a room with a 2015 S1000RR, but that`s okay, she doesn`t bite.

Good luck with the interview, P.O. is a cool little town.
SaiyanMuscle likes this.

Giddy up!
2015 Premium w/ SC Project CR-T
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

Race tracks near Port Orchard. 1/2 hour to The Ridge, 50 min. to Pacific raceways, 2.5 hrs. to Portland Intl. and 10 min. to the drag strip at the local airport. That's with truck pulling trailer, bike might be a little faster.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode