BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Got my new bike

5K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  sro 
#1 ·
So I ended up not going with a s1000rr like I thought I would... Instead I fell in love with a 1299 Panigale. Not gonna lie, when I test rode the Duc and BMW, the BMW was amazing and so fluid to ride, but i didn't fall in love. The second I turned the Panigale on, it was love at first sound. I know my time here was super shirt but I wanna thank y'all for the welcome when I did register and post my newb thread.

Ride safe,

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
The 1299 is beautiful and would love to get one as a second or third bike. Not sure if I want it as a primary or only bike. But best of luck and congrats!! Keep us updated with your progress and thoughts on the ownership of the 1299

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: I RR Fast
#6 ·
Congrats! It's funny how people either love or hate the Ducati.

Do you ride mostly on the street or track? Ducati shines on the track. Why not the S version? My dealership has some good deals on them.

#9 ·
Just because he doesn't have an S1000 derived bike, doesn't disqualify him from participation.
I still have my BMW, but in my mind it's been history for right at a year.
@Torchsport immediately comes to mind, as a member who has been here a more than the average bear, yet he only purchased his first BMW bike within the last 12 months.

Shoot, they still let me in here....

#15 ·
choices choices

I say stick around. Let us know how she treats you. It damn sure is a beautiful bike and I'm sure she'll wheelie with the best of em.

God forbid anything go south well accept you back.........crawling...........and begging...............:grin2:

#17 · (Edited)
Friend of mine has one of these, but the model with all the Ohlins stuff. Full Akra, still doesn't run right, stalls out, hiccups and he doesn't ride it because it apparently burns his ass. He's got everything on it from anodized frame plugs to carbon this and that, but it sits in the garage. It's a beautiful bike to look at, it sounds great, it's a shame it sucks to ride it...

Have fun with that, I would have bought the RSV4 before that fryingpanigale....

Edit: he sold the duc with 1200 miles

#18 ·
Friend of mine has one of these, but the model with all the Ohlins stuff. Full Akra, still doesn't run right, stalls out, hiccups and he doesn't ride it because it apparently burns his ass. He's got everything on it from anodized frame plugs to carbon this and that, but it sits in the garage. It's a beautiful bike to look at, it sounds great, it's a shame it sucks to ride it...

Have fun with that, I would have bought the RSV4 before that fryingpanigale....
That is a shame your friend's bike sucks so bad. I've enjoyed all of of the 25k miles I've put on my 2 1299's, and haven't had an issue.

Reactions: wfo439
#20 ·
Thanks for all the comments everyone... the bike is great, yes it is hot and my right leg gets pretty toasted, but I'm kind of use to it since my other bike has an undertail and got to 235 degrees while at stop lights.

Rode it to work today for the first time, and it has ridiculous torque. A blip of the throttle and next thing I see, I'm going 100mph just to pass a car.

The bike is rough, nothing smooth about it except for the quick shifter and auto blipper... those are butter. But I've never ridden anything except for my 600rr and so the Panigale definitely shakes a lot... Can't really see out of the mirrors for that reason, but damn it's still nice.
Other than very basic impressions of it, I can't speak on it too much since I only rode to work and back at highway speeds.

Last thing, this bike is a freaking HEAD TURNER... I saw people in their cars in amazement when I rode past them, 2 passengers even for their phones out to take pictures... LMAO

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#21 ·
A bike purchase is not based on logic. With one exception, I bought all my bikes not because they are nicely spec-ed, have positive reviews, or because they fulfill a specific need, but because when I saw them, they spoke to me, and I loved them all. The only bike I bought because it was "right" for a specific need, I ended up calling "The Ugly Bastard"; I hated it and it hated me. Enjoy your beautiful, sexy bike! If I was you, I would park it in the living room and just stare at it.

#26 · (Edited)
Congrats on the 1299. The Panigale is a combination of beauty and power to be sure!

It is also very moody and temperamental, so take care when breaking it in.

I had come very close to picking up either the Anniversario or R, however I am convinced that a 4 cylinder is my true calling. The lower revving and stronger engine braking characteristics of the twin are no longer as exciting to me as the 9k+ RPM delivery of the RR.

I still enjoy riding the 899, but my next Ducati will only be the L4.

Edit: for all your Ducati specific needs, check out pure-ducati.com and talk to Adrienne. Tell her Christian sent you. Bellissimoto is another good site to pick up Panigale parts... they have a picture of my bike on their website.

Reactions: sro
#27 ·
Congrats on the purchase, and appreciate you not being a troll and more checking in-respect. With that said, GTFO! JK

When you come back here to say hi after getting spanked by an s1000rr, just remember you decided on this! Ride safe man-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.