playing with user mode LC - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BMW_388

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
playing with user mode LC

so yesterday riding around ... figured why not try LC for the first time!!.. hahah almost flipped it. (dumped the clutch) figured it would fix it self. andddd it didnt ... and the second time let go of the gas to soon. and the 3rd and last time i got it but it still felt pretty slow .. like the bike was really holding its self back. and that was with engine in slick and traction in slick.. now i did notice that you can put the engine in race and TC in race and you can still use LC ??? is that foreal? i never got a chance to try it i was already home. but i figured the 3l-con light would not even show up cuz my user mode settings where all set to race but abs was sport?? will LC still work .. will it just be very slow.. i did read alot of stuff on here on how to use it now. but does the engine have to be in slick and tc as well??

2016 Black Bmw S1000rr -premium package-
Sprint P08 air filter
SC project S1 slip on

2003 RC51
2003 Crf450r
2003 Cbr954rr
2004 Gsxr1000
1987 FZ600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
btw anyone know how long it takes for things to cool back down so you can use LC again???

Sprint P08 air filter
SC project S1 slip on

2003 RC51
2003 Crf450r
2003 Cbr954rr
2004 Gsxr1000
1987 FZ600
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:42 AM

Should be active only in Slick and User mode. Regardless of what you have selected in User mode.

Hold throttle wide open, do not modulate it. Feather out clutch.

Approx. 3 minute cool down time with motor running and 20 mins with motor off.

RCK3 is a must for L-Con.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gooch View Post
Should be active only in Slick and User mode. Regardless of what you have selected in User mode.

Hold throttle wide open, do not modulate it. Feather out clutch.

Approx. 3 minute cool down time with motor running and 20 mins with motor off.

RCK3 is a must for L-Con.

RCK3 is that the race ecu flash??? and ok that works i wanna try it in user mode but with engine and TC on race ..i dont wanna lose wheelie control. and i know slick mode turns it of

Sprint P08 air filter
SC project S1 slip on

2003 RC51
2003 Crf450r
2003 Cbr954rr
2004 Gsxr1000
1987 FZ600
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:32 PM

I have and installed RCK3 to my ECU's. It is by far the best tuning software for the Premium/race S1000RR. BMW could have made an interface that did not have injection and timing tables so that 'maybe' they would not think that warranty should be voided by wanting RCK3.

With RCK3 you get LC 13. You should still follow the cool down process for the clutches even with the ability to get pass 3 launches.

With RCK3 you can set the launch RPM to your desired level. I use 6500. The more you tune in your release point and feather, the better the launch becomes. Then there is a torque table on how the torque is applied from that 0-60MPH ( whatever you set this at, because front wheel off the ground means the rear is faster than the front ) or to 3rd gear. See table pic.

Then there is the Wheelie control has more settings than just having mode slick and user. See pic table.

One thing you have to remember with RCK3, it is no longer Rain, Sport, RACE, Slick, USER. It is Mode 1 ( Rain displayed ), Mode 2 ( Sport displayed ), Mode 3 ( RACE displayed ), Mode 4 ( SLICK displayed ). The things you can do with DDC and RCK3 make this a must have package deal. I just dont understand why BMW is not supporting the DDC side of the S1000RR like it should be. I know many people on here that race pull the DDC and put in Ohlins. Some of that is the not having the proper control over the DDC suspension and learning to work with it, and not against it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LC table.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	173649   Click image for larger version

Name:	WheelieControl.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	173657   Click image for larger version

Name:	TuningModes.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	173665  
Bangkok_rider likes this.

All Keys Lost programming available now in the US
ECU to Cluster Matching available in the US
Add / delete DDC available
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
I have and installed RCK3 to my ECU's. It is by far the best tuning software for the Premium/race S1000RR. BMW could have made an interface that did not have injection and timing tables so that 'maybe' they would not think that warranty should be voided by wanting RCK3.

With RCK3 you get LC 13. You should still follow the cool down process for the clutches even with the ability to get pass 3 launches.

With RCK3 you can set the launch RPM to your desired level. I use 6500. The more you tune in your release point and feather, the better the launch becomes. Then there is a torque table on how the torque is applied from that 0-60MPH ( whatever you set this at, because front wheel off the ground means the rear is faster than the front ) or to 3rd gear. See table pic.

Then there is the Wheelie control has more settings than just having mode slick and user. See pic table.

One thing you have to remember with RCK3, it is no longer Rain, Sport, RACE, Slick, USER. It is Mode 1 ( Rain displayed ), Mode 2 ( Sport displayed ), Mode 3 ( RACE displayed ), Mode 4 ( SLICK displayed ). The things you can do with DDC and RCK3 make this a must have package deal. I just dont understand why BMW is not supporting the DDC side of the S1000RR like it should be. I know many people on here that race pull the DDC and put in Ohlins. Some of that is the not having the proper control over the DDC suspension and learning to work with it, and not against it.

wow that is alot... that is very detailed info... probably more then ill ever need. but its still very cool knowing it can be done. makes the bike that much more exciting

Sprint P08 air filter
SC project S1 slip on

2003 RC51
2003 Crf450r
2003 Cbr954rr
2004 Gsxr1000
1987 FZ600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode