BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Alpha Rearset Install Question

3K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  jmatta33 
#1 ·
Has anyone on here ever installed the alpha rearsets? I have some questions about the shift lever install.

#4 ·
trying to figure out how to mount the shifter and there are a bunch of extra components that I am clueless to what they are for lol. Really I need an instruction manual.

#11 ·
No kickstand on my bike it is track only. Yes it does mount there but that still leaves a slew of parts unaccounted for. Which is why I need some actual directions.

#10 ·
If you don't have these rearsets then you cannot help. I need instructions plain and simple. I don't need anyone looking at a handful of parts and guessing at how they all go together. I need the directions or I need someone who has installed these. That is it.

#18 ·
I did contact alpha and they promptly sent the instructions from alpha germany but problem being that they are mostly in german. I also figured it would be more beneficial to ask a person currently using them as well as to provide answers to the broader audience.

#20 ·
Looks like the brake lever side. If so, my guess is it's part of the return spring.

I would assume Alpha would have experience putting these together. They can't guide you through the process? Only other person I could think of doesn't visit here much. I could try emailing him.

#24 ·
Yup that must be it. Thanks for the photo, I looked all over for more pictures and came up with nothing lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.