My new bmw is terrible offroad

14K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  z00 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Sky

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motorcycling

Should I adjust my suspension

See less See more
#20 ·
Why not? Why restrict where you can go, and what you can see, for fear that plastic will get dirty? And even if it is ruined, it's a common material, you can go buy another tomorrow. But the sights I got to see that day, I can't go see them tomorrow. The time I got to spend with my father is priceless. The bike you see? Easily replaced. And easily fixed, an in depth exam of my bike and even then you'd never know what happened.

Those who say RR is no good for offroading must not have ridden it offroad. I went off the track more than I can remember on grass or gravel in triple digits. Just don't touch front brakes or panic and you will be fine. Keep an eye on tire PSIs.
You're wrong (Again?). I've had my RR off road, and it's simply awful, evidenced by the video above.

#18 ·
Those who say RR is no good for offroading must not have ridden it offroad. I went off the track more than I can remember on grass or gravel in triple digits. Just don't touch front brakes or panic and you will be fine. Keep an eye on tire PSIs.

#25 ·
I find it funny we're arguing about how well these bikes do off-road based off a photoshoot.

Accidental runoff from track is different than intentionally going off-road. As such, it's not like one will prepare tire pressure for it.

Get the right tool for the job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.