BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Anyone ever seen a RR without DTC, Quick Shift, ABS?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  M-Coupe99 
#1 ·
Been looking at the RR for sale market a lot recently for research. It seems mostly every 2012- 2014 model was equipped with DTC, ABS, and the Quick-Shifter in the States. Heated grips, motorsport color, and the alarm being the only features that seem to be included or not. My question is: were all the RR's specced with ABS, DTC, and Quick-Shift standard from the dealer? Very rare to see one in the states without them, anyone here got one? Also if there was a bike without these features how hard would it be to add these on in post?

#3 ·
Not sure how it works in the states, but for most year models in Australia all the bikes are full specs with only colours (and forged wheels/maybe DDC on 15+ models) being optional. Typically if anyone wanted one without all the fruit it would have to be a factory order, and it certainly would not be recommended as the electronics are excellent, and resale on a bike without them is atrocious because the tech on the RR is one of its biggest selling points. If you happened to find one without those features I do not believe you can retrofit them either. Hope this helps.

#6 ·
Some of the earlier models 2010 and 2011 came without DTC and ABS. These models had the infamous "drop sensor" everyone asks about and brake switches because no abs. No tone rings on the wheels either. I believe you could retro fit ABS and DTC to the bike. But you would need a few components that cost quite a bit. Wiring harness, ECU, Dash, ABS pump, Wheel speed sensors, tone rings, switch gear, angular rate sensor. It's been done before. Not worth it though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.