BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi, Thailand

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  El Tel 
#1 · (Edited)

Over the mountains in the distance is the Burmese border.

Riding buddy Joel and his Versys.

Detour time!

Halfway through the trip the road was flooded with about 4 feet of water from recent rains.

Notice the pick up truck stranded in the middle of the flood.

Filling up in the middle of nowhere with pump action fuel barrels on the left.

See less See more
#8 ·
Can I ask about the traffic there? I'm looking to do a road trip around Thailand and planning to stop by Ho Chi Minh to visit a friend.

Sent from my F3116 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post.
The traffic in Bangkok is horrendous. I only ride through it when leaving town.
The backs roads are incredible. The north of Thailand (basically the foothills of the Himalayas) have some of the best twisties on earth. West is the Burmese border with great riding north of the town of Kanchanaburi- of 'The Bridge Over the River Kwai' fame. South-west around Ranong new racetrack like tarmac with just as good, if not better riding than up north.
Thai drivers follow the 'might is right' mantra. There's a reason why Thailand has the second most dangerous roads in the world. After Libya, I think.
12 month a year riding but the hot season (March, April, May) is not good for leathers.Monsoon season just after is hit and miss. Usually only rain late afternoon.
I love riding here.

#10 · (Edited)
Update

Took a more twisty route closer to the Burmese border this weekend.
Strangely Google Maps didn't warn us about 4 km of dirt road.

The RR handled it well.

Twisties ahead.

Part of the route.

Through the jungle.

Reactions: Outta Control
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.