BMW S1000RR Forum banner

It's gonna be a long wait

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  corkgsxr 
#1 ·
But iv just put down a deposit for a 17 s1000rr motorsport colours with everything besides forged wheels.

First time in 10 years without a bike

#5 ·
If you're not specifically going with aftermarket wheels and brakes, get the forgies, you will NOT regret it!

Reactions: Outta Control
#7 ·
Bobs??? It'll be the best money you spend on it, and a total steal at about $1,500, trust me.

#11 ·
If you're coming from an 03 GSXR 600 you won't be missing anything by not getting the forged wheels, no need to pay the extra $2000. I've been perfectly happy with my 2010 model which I've had for about 6 years now, does everything I need it to do at the track and on the street. My riding abilities limit how fast the bike can go around the track, not what equipment the bike has. If I were a serious racer, then perhaps I could see spending the extra money for performance parts like forged wheels.

#12 ·
I totally disagree, having ridden both cast and forged wheel 'RR's. It lighten's up the turn-in considerably, and does not compromise stability at all, that I could detect anyway. But I DEFINATELY felt the difference in turn-in. And, considering he's coming from a 600, it'd be better for him and a lot more like riding a 600 than stepping up to a 1000. Does he NEED forged wheels? No, but every time he turned in, hit a bump, accelerated, or braked, he'd reap the benefits.

Reactions: wfo439 and Mk4UmHa
#13 · (Edited)
Major deal breaker some people are unaware of. When you buy forged wheels with the bike it's only ~$1500 extra, when you buy them separate (add-on later) they're close to $4000.

Forgies are better for turn in, braking, accel, etc...

I had cast wheels and thought to myself I'll never need forgies. 3 months later I was regretting it. But it all ended up being better, I went with Titax and Brembo better SS rotors and SC pads in addition to headaches dealing with aftermarket parts/installation.

#22 ·
Have others been able to place 2017 S1000rr orders in US? I called my local dealer yesterday and sales guy said system is not setup yet, that they just had a dealer show last week and details have not been released. Of course he mentioned the smoking deals on 2016 models...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.