BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Pricing, 2017, What to expect

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  simes007us 
#1 ·
I've never ordered a bike that's yet to be on the market... For those of you that have, let me know what you had to pay, ie:sticker, etc. I'm curious how to, or even if I can negotiate on a bike that has yet to arrive.

Thanks in advance...

#2 ·
My loaded '12 RR was 17,280 otd march '12. Pretty much sticker. Sometimes BMW has some bonus cash lying around, or the dealer has demo models to sell or they might budge if a bike has been there forever.

I think I got like $750 loyalty off my XR and some accessory discounts.

I didn't go into this to nickel and dime the dealer, I didn't even ask for a discount. I pretty much just say "one German motorcycle, please." every time I pick up a new one and they treat me fair. They also service my bikes so I assume that helps.

For a loaded '17 I would expect to pay about ~18k for just the bike.

#3 ·
What did you order?

I only have one experience with this. I ordered a 2014 HP4 standard on 9/13. It arrived 7/14 but I was buying a house and in escrow. I couldn't complete the purchase till the home closed 8/1. The dealer held the bike even though they could have sold it 50 times in that month. It was full list. If you are buying a 2017 S1000RR and there are little to no changes, I'm guessing there would be room for negotiation. If there are major improvements, you will pay list till the demand goes down. MHO.

#5 ·
The dealer will always try to get as much as they can for the bike, and you have to be aware of that. If you are decent at negotiating it wouldn't take too long to figure out if they will budge on the price or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.