BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Saw this figured I would share

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rchase 
#1 ·
I saw this promotion on Facebook by following a few links.

Motorcycle Events | BMW Motorcycles of Austin

BMW Motorcycles of Austin is giving away a free track day with the purchase of an RR. Not just any track day. Double R Fest 2016 at COTA! Not sure how it works but figured people might want to know since it's a $1000 value.

#4 ·
Heck I'm in Atlanta and I would take advantage of that.

I bought my 2014 brand new to take to the California Superbike School. It's an awesome memory taking a bike from the dealership's service department directly to the track.

To do that at someplace like COTA and not even have to pay for it. WOW! :)

#5 ·
#6 ·
The demo bikes are only for test rides. Anybody registered for the event can do a test ride on the bike on the track. People who aren't registered for the track day can still test ride a one but it's a street ride. They aren't rental bikes though so you can't ride them "all day".

It is a great value especially considering it's COTA. I have seen many dealerships in the past throw in a "free trackday" but never one for a MotoGP and F1 track like COTA.

If anybody's thinking of doing the event don't let the price scare you away. The track is going to be run at 1/2 capacity to give riders lots of room so traffic won't be an issue.

The BMW World Superbike Engineers will be coming and will be bringing extra dataloggers to put onto people's bikes and give them a peek at their onboard data as they ride. At the 2014 Double R fest they would hook up the logger and send you out for a bit and have you come back in and go over the data with you and tell you places you could improve. They also helped riders by making adjustments when they saw suspension out of whack or something else that was an issue. They would then send you out for another run and look at the data again and superimpose your new data on your old data to show you where the improvements were. It's really useful stuff.

Even if you aren't riding come out and visit with us if you are in the area. COTA is an amazing place and seeing the RR do what it was created to do is an amazing thing. Hearing them scream down the straight at wide open throttle is amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.