Bohn armor pants - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Bohn armor pants

Anybody have experience with this stuff? Pros/cons?

http://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/pro....php?prod=BGLA
solo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Senior Member
 
pimpedc6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: KY
Posts: 921
Tried them and didnt like them. I found kevlar jeans and armored knee and shin pads more to my liking. If i am riding real agressive then I wear the track suit out.

Street and Backup track- 2012 KTM 1190 RC8R- White and Orange, Dominator exhaust, Bazzaz with TC and QS, Ohlins suspension, Sato Rearsets, GBR race covers

Track- 2011 BMW S1000RR with ABS, TC, and Race Assist. BST Wheels, Shorai Battery, Full Akrapovic Exhaust, Bazzaz, Full Ohlins suspension, Vortex Rearsets, BMC Race Filter, Pazzo Racing Levers, Yoshimura Case Protectors, Stomp tank Pads, Puig Windscreen, Frame Sliders and Fender eliminator
pimpedc6 is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpedc6 View Post
Tried them and didnt like them. I found kevlar jeans and armored knee and shin pads more to my liking. If i am riding real agressive then I wear the track suit out.
Thanks. Anything in particular you didn't like about them compared to the other products? New to sport bikes and trying to put together a basic set of gear w/o collecting a bunch of stuff I'll end up wearing once and not liking, which is an easy thing to do purchasing online, as you apparently know. I appreciate the feedback.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
solo is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Junior Member
 
petah50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 25
I have them. I have used them every time I ride for the last two year. No complaints at all. I think they are great. I did end up ditching the stock knee pads in favor of something more substantial from a protection stand point. I think they are worth it, any extra protection you can have will only help.

Now if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish. Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine.
petah50 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
kismetcapitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 1,767
haven't tried those but I might. I have a pair of kevlar riding jeans that are pretty loose and comfortable, but that also puts the knee armor out of position. I currently use Dainese Knee Six pads under my pants, but a more complete setup like that might be more comfortable.

2012 S1000RR, sapphire black FOR SALE
2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo
2011 Ducati Monster 796 ABS
2000 Ducati ST4 (sold)
2010 S1000RR (sold)
2007 F800S (sold)
kismetcapitan is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
haven't tried those but I might. I have a pair of kevlar riding jeans that are pretty loose and comfortable, but that also puts the knee armor out of position. I currently use Dainese Knee Six pads under my pants, but a more complete setup like that might be more comfortable.
I still haven't ruled them out either. Makes sense that the armor would stay better positioned with the snug fit, regardless of what your pants do, which for me is ride up since I'm reaching for the ground on both sides. Wish the seat height was just a bit lower.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
solo is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 12:18 AM
HP4
Senior Member
 
HP4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 313
Garage
I've used them and they're alright, but I switched to Dainese as they were more substantial and a better fit with more secure material. The Bohn Armor just felt sort of cheaper in comparison and the pads didn't stay in place as well as I feel the Dainese does. Also the material or netting that holds the armor fits really tight and is a bit of a struggle to get on. I purchased the Dainese gear through a sponser here..... MOTOWHEELS and it's really damn good stuff. There is also Force Field that makes roughly the same thing, but I haven't tried them yet.
HP4 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 33
These are kind of half answers to a half question.

The first half is, how do I look in these if I don't fall off?

The second half is, and I don't see an answer to this, what happens if I fall off, at (30, 50, 70, 100, 120, 150, 200) (kph/mph) on the (street/track), etc?

Kevlar jeans with high top tennies and magnum condoms in some conditions are cool, not in all.
Velomaxx is online now  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velomaxx View Post
These are kind of half answers to a half question.

The first half is, how do I look in these if I don't fall off?

The second half is, and I don't see an answer to this, what happens if I fall off, at (30, 50, 70, 100, 120, 150, 200) (kph/mph) on the (street/track), etc?

Kevlar jeans with high top tennies and magnum condoms in some conditions are cool, not in all.
WTF does that mean? Stop speaking in parables and say something if you have something to say. Otherwise, STFU.
solo is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4 View Post
I've used them and they're alright, but I switched to Dainese as they were more substantial and a better fit with more secure material. The Bohn Armor just felt sort of cheaper in comparison and the pads didn't stay in place as well as I feel the Dainese does. Also the material or netting that holds the armor fits really tight and is a bit of a struggle to get on. I purchased the Dainese gear through a sponser here..... MOTOWHEELS and it's really damn good stuff. There is also Force Field that makes roughly the same thing, but I haven't tried them yet.
Appreciate the input on the Bohn...think I'm leaning away from that the more I look at it. Revzilla has informative videos, and I like the Dianese stuff they review there. Need to get something that's warm weather friendly, and adequate but not overkill since I'm just getting back on a bike after a LONG time off. I'll take a look at MotoWheels...thanks.
solo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome