BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Oh FFS!

6K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Torchsport 
#1 ·
You're waiting on your brand new toy to come into the shop. The salesman calls you up, all cheery like. "Hey, great news. Guess what just arrived! Do you want to come and pick it up tomorrow?"

Um, is the pope catholic?

So I leave work & I'm on my way down the road to the bank to get a cheque for the balance. I'm just about to get in the queue and I get another call. Hi, this is (the salesman) calling again. I'm really sorry to have to tell you this, but the guys just took your new bike out of the crate, and it's damaged. So unfortunately it will be at least another week until we can get a replacement shipped up here.

Yep. FFS!!

On the bright side, at least they had another one exactly like it in the warehouse in Melbourne. Forgies and everything. If they'd had to ship one out here from Germany I might have got it for Christmas...

#6 ·
Procycles Hornsby. This is the first time I've dealt with them. So far so good, not that it's been any more than arrange a test ride and sign some paperwork to buy it. I've only personally dealt with the sales guy to date, who was a lot less pushy than some of the Jap bike sales peeps I've dealt with in the past. He sounded a bit embarrassed by the whole thing.

A guy at work with a Triumph (which they're also a dealer for) doesn't think too highly of them, but I'll keep an open mind for now.

#15 ·
My local Honda dealer sales guys pulled a scum bag move on one of their customers recently. They've got a long list of buyers waiting on the new Africa Twin to come in but they've been delayed due to damage at the factory in Japan. However, they did get one bike in to the dealer that was released by Honda N. America. They called me to see if I wanted to come and take a look at it before they delivered it. I went in and they let me sit on it, fuss with the controls, etc and while I'm there they sales guy says that the bike belongs to a new buyer but they haven't told him it's in. They are keeping it for a few weeks on the sales floor to let people come and see it before they tell the guy that his bike is in. The sales guy went on and on about his "test ride" on this very bike and how the sales guys had all been out on it to see what it's all about.

My reaction was "Really? That's how you treat your customers that jumped on an early order for this bike?" He asked me if I'd like to put a deposit down now to get one of the first one's that arrive in September. I politely declined to buy one of their demo bike Africa Twins for new bike pricing.

#16 ·
That's beyond f@#$ed up!! I'm relieved that I was able to come and see the bike in a crate and film it being unboxed.....I made a point that I wanted to do this, not that I thought the dealer was going to pull a fast one but I just never got to do this kind of thing.

Hearing horror stories like this I might just start doing that from now on LOL.

#21 ·
Test rides at St Peters are the pita... 30 minutes on the Princes Hwy on a Saturday afternoon with a crappy road and traffic. A friend test rode a S1000R at Hornsby and was told to take it to on the Old Road to Brooklyn (and no time limit given). Suffice to say, he went hack and slapped down a deposit without hesitation.

#25 ·
I have had a terrible time with the service dept at Procycles hornsby and St Peters. NEVER ever will I shop, walk past or even entertain the idea of spending money there. It all started with and ended with the first service on my S1000rr. Never again.
Sales guys and the spares guys are always great, but the service guys, forget about it. Been abused, loaned a piece of ****, had money on a first service spent when nothing but an oil change was done. The list goes on. Ever since been riding up to Worthingtons for their awesome service, not missed a beat and if they have had a full explanation and a phone call prior. Happy should anyone need more information to provide it. Thats just my experience and a mate of mine had a worse story yet and has made serveral complaints to motorrad Aus and International about them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.