R1 Akra muffler on S1000RR - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

R1 Akra muffler on S1000RR

So because I have a new bike I need a new muffler. I had the HP4 akra before and I love it. But I sort of want something different but haven't found anything I really like. I like the project sc but its too loud for what I want. I don't like arrow, yoshi or any other. But I saw this and I'm thinking it could work and would be different. What's everyones thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:02 PM

I love that!! What is it that may be my next pipe.

2016 S1000RR
2016 1299S
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcy...27&yearId=4143

Slip on for R1

I think it would require some modification with a link pipe the right diameter and also bent the right way to use the same mount off the rear set as the standard bmw one.

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:11 PM

Oh Ok, I like the look but I don't want to modify. I guess I'm back to Akro or Yosh.

2016 S1000RR
2016 1299S
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:26 PM
van

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcy...27&yearId=4143

Slip on for R1

I think it would require some modification with a link pipe the right diameter and also bent the right way to use the same mount off the rear set as the standard bmw one.
Far better looking than what is available for the RR and it comes in at only 1.3 kilos.
bennymx likes this.

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:35 PM

Garage
That looks so much better than the normal one. Plus it mounts off the rear set. Do it!!
bennymx likes this.

2015 S1000RR
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I think I'm going to macca. Will try sus one off someone whos got one first. That way I can do a quick fit up and see what needs to be done. I'm hoping the diameter is the same. Can also buy the little link pipe that BMW sell with their gen akra to extend out far enough for this muffler as BMW's stock one slips over very low down. Will need to be longer to fit the r1 pipe. I would assume the diameter will then be the same. As both akra slip ons would prob be the same.
renfin and Marc16S1000rr like this.
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
Yeah I think I'm going to macca. Will try sus one off someone whos got one first. That way I can do a quick fit up and see what needs to be done. I'm hoping the diameter is the same. Can also buy the little link pipe that BMW sell with their gen akra to extend out far enough for this muffler as BMW's stock one slips over very low down. Will need to be longer to fit the r1 pipe. I would assume the diameter will then be the same. As both akra slip ons would prob be the same.
I wouldn't be to concerned about the diameter, any fabricator would be able to knock it up quite easily
bennymx and Marc16S1000rr like this.

2015 S1000RR
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Fitment to an R1 here. Obviously full system on the R1. But once the bmw akra link pipe is fitted I think it will be the same. Just needs to come out more because the muffler only has a small slip over joint.

@ 12:00

post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless View Post

You can see on this bike. With the link pipe installed. The small one from BMW. The muffler mounts just behind the end of that carbon shield. That's probably a bees dick too long so if you chop it so the mount of the r1 muffler would slip down to the right distance you would be laughing. The carbon guard would then mount 2 holes on the muffler and then the other hole is actually on the muffler clamp that you tighten. Doubles as a shield mount and muffler clamp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode