Picking Up S1000RR...any must do mods? - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Picking Up S1000RR...any must do mods?

I'm picking up a 2012 s1000rr mid-January after the stand recall is complete.(?) Some nice deals on this tremendous bike right now. I've held off for too long! Just couldn't do it any longer so after a promotion I've decided to treat myself

Any "must do" mods to the bike? I know it's got a sh*t ton of power already and the unit I've picked is loaded with the goodies. Current bike is a 09 CBR1K. Love the midrange and def will be keeping it but that bike had a few must do mods (z-bomb) I've noticed the 2012 s1000rr is up one tooth in the back from the 2011>. Any of you guys running -1 in the front? I doubt I'll ever hit this bike's top speed so I'm not concerned with losing some up top. Thanks guys....and man am I looking forward to riding this thing!

No pics because I live in MN and the bike is down in St Louis where I'm moving. Red and white version. No other colors but black available at the dealer but I do think the R/W is tits!!!

Last edited by DickBlazer; 12-31-2012 at 10:40 PM.
DickBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

I'm running -1 upfront, but then again I'm on a 2010.

I was thinking of keeping my 675 at the time because I never expected the 1000 to handle as well as a 600 class bike. Whelp, long story short, I put the 675 up for sale one week later. I'd be surprised if you still had your CBR a year from now. There is an easy fix to mid-range: more throttle.

Now back to your question. I did some personalization, but I'm most happy with the Attach Performance Rearsets, D3 Components rear plate delete and the GPR stabilizer. Also, I can't live without a tinted shield, but that's just me.

Congratulations and enjoy!

Triple
Triple Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Mayhem Send a message via Skype™ to Mayhem

Nice DB! Welcome brother lol. So you decided on it huh? Good deal. I too have a good deal down here but still deciding.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey DickBlazer,
Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on your purchase.
You could look at installing the protection first e.g. front fork protectors, frame sliders, rear spools, radiator & oil cooler guard, crank case and clutch cover protectors etc.
Yamaha R1 01 [Sold]
yuvraj8511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Threat View Post
I'm running -1 upfront, but then again I'm on a 2010.

I was thinking of keeping my 675 at the time because I never expected the 1000 to handle as well as a 600 class bike. Whelp, long story short, I put the 675 up for sale one week later. I'd be surprised if you still had your CBR a year from now. There is an easy fix to mid-range: more throttle.

Now back to your question. I did some personalization, but I'm most happy with the Attach Performance Rearsets, D3 Components rear plate delete and the GPR stabilizer. Also, I can't live without a tinted shield, but that's just me.

Congratulations and enjoy!

Triple
thanks. nice, nice bike man! I have seen some discussion on the s1000rr stabilizer. The CBR unit is outstanding for stock. I would expect the BMW's to be plenty for my riding abilities but then again I certainly won't be used to the gigantic top end power of the BMW for a bit. And of course the rear fender will be gone asap.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Nice DB! Welcome brother lol. So you decided on it huh? Good deal. I too have a good deal down here but still deciding.
haha. yea man! moving to the St Louis area and found a good deal down there. Been looking for a second bike and for the money, it's gotta be the BMW. Too damn nice to pass up. I had a kawi, so gotta try a BMW and can't wait for spring!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvraj8511 View Post
Hey DickBlazer,
Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on your purchase.
You could look at installing the protection first e.g. front fork protectors, frame sliders, rear spools, radiator & oil cooler guard, crank case and clutch cover protectors etc.
Yea, some protection is more than likely in order
Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Default Thanks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickBlazer View Post
thanks. nice, nice bike man! I have seen some discussion on the s1000rr stabilizer. The CBR unit is outstanding for stock. I would expect the BMW's to be plenty for my riding abilities but then again I certainly won't be used to the gigantic top end power of the BMW for a bit. And of course the rear fender will be gone asap.
Forgot to mention, first things first. Get your suspension professionally tuned. Average cost should be about $40. Best $40 you'll spend. The front wheels comes up so easy, I just wanted a little extra insurance.

Triple

Last edited by Triple Threat; 01-01-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Triple Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

GPR unit is sweet. I have it on my bike also.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App
yangins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to G-force

'must do' IMO is the following:
HID's, what you see and how visible you are with HID's vs stock lights is incredible.
stabilizer, anything other than stock.
seat, stock one is pretty dismal imo.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hey there! Welcome to the forum. I also brought a BMW S1000rr from St. Louis (Gateway BMW Motorcycles). I brought the 2012 Blue Fire. Honz have some great deals and is an excellent salesman. I'm all the way in Mississippi. Closest BMW dealer to me was Baton Rogue but they only had (2) Black ones in which a friend brought one. We definitely can't have identical bikes. But congrats on your bike!

As for as goodies, carbon fiber pieces are a must IMO! HID's, cat cover, Hotbodies Racing undertail, tinted shield, and seat cowl are others that I've added to the list.
tapdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement