For the older guys with sportbike - Page 5 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #41 (permalink)

Wow.. a lot of you guys are older than me...
I'm 29 years old..riding since 12years olds
not any trackday yet, i just won time ago some 1st places on drag races...
and i would like to ride my bike as long as i can..
not married yet, not children... so i hope ugrade my bike much as i can
evildrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #42 (permalink)

Garage

21 here

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #43 (permalink)

21 is "older".......?
Where does that leave me ?

62yrs. and driving my RR daily, back and forth to work, almost 85 miles a day in SoCal traffic.

Yea..I'm dreading the day I need to get back in the car for my main transportation. I hate the way people drive their cars.
I was part of the gang of three that convinced my Grandmother to give up her keys (car!).
Right now, there is only two people that would be around to try this with me, and I don't see them everyday, so they have no idea about my current skill level.
My long time friends that do know me and would have the balls to take my keys have since retired and moved out of town/state.. My good friend base has shrunk by 4, that just leaves me with people I "know" and they probably don't care about my skills, to the point of taking my bike keys away...
Guess it's up to me to "realize" my changing skill base and me to decide when to quit.

So far...I gotta put at least 100,000 miles on my 2012 RR. Just over 13,000 so far.

Mike
Mike- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #44 (permalink)

Garage

Heyyyy who you calling guy?
Firemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #45 (permalink)

Well, there is certainly a reoccuring theme. I am 47 and been riding since I was 5, on the track with a Yamaha MX60 when I was 6. Although I don't have my S1000RR yet, it's just a matter of time. I plan to ride sportbikes as long as I am physically able. Judging fromt the previous posts... that will be a nice long time.
2010 Black Cherry 370Z Rosdster
2007 Xterra Off Road
BeachZTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #46 (permalink)

Man you guys get me excited. I hope when I am 63 I am still fired up about bikes. I just turned 33 and have been back on bikes for almost 4 years now. I rode dirt bikes from 10 years old til college. I met up with a 53 year old guy a few months ago(he rides a 2012 BMW). He does track days all the time so , I just bought the track bike and plan on doing 6 or so track days a year wit him.

Street and Track- 2011 BMW S1000RR with ABS, TC, and Race Assist. Full Akrapovic Exhaust, Bazzaz, Full Ohlins suspension, Vortex Rearsets, BMC Race Filter, Pazzo Racing Levers, Yoshimura Case Protectors, Stomp tank Pads, Puig Windscreen, Frame Sliders and Fender eliminator

Track- 2008 GSXR 1000 with 194 RWHP, Racetech Suspension, full Bazzaz Package, etc.
pimpedc6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #47 (permalink)

43 here...been riding sportbikes since i was 16....1st bike was a Yamaha 85 fz600.....never even took a cruiser around the block....would like to have one some day as my girl hates hearing " i don't like riding two up"....that's code for not much fun....but until i can stable both its sportbikes for me....I'd take a custom but not at the expense of my s1k

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
GGH1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:29 AM   #48 (permalink)

33 years Young, I can relate to "Starting to feel the pain lifting" LOL.
I race my GSXR 750 2010 on the track and ride it to work everyday. The s1000
is my Bike when I feel like going crazy and having some fun with the mates. I love my BMW and I will be riding for as long as I can see, heart, talk, walk. My respect to the 80 something rider, that really made my day. Show's what a person is capable of, despite his/her age if they are truly willing to do it. God bless.
Saltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement