Pazzo vs CRG vs HP Levers?? - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Shorty brake - definitely a difference (you get more leverage on the outside of the lever and since it's shorter, easier to get that leverage with one or two fingers). I would also argue that the same happens with the clutch (I believe that the "standard" size Pazzo/CRG are actually shorter than stock so the same also applies). . .They look way better than stock, but they do also have a valid purpose. . .
motorkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Put ASVs on my R1... very good fit and finish but the Company was abysmal in providing product information. Had to send multiple enquires before I got a response.

Bought Folding CRGs intended for a S1000RR... but now will be going on my HP4.

Super quality in my view.
ripcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Pazzo and CRG are pretty much on par. I'd say take a look at ASVs, they're pretty sweet and they're pretty much one of the originators. I've seen HP levers on a customer's bike, never really rode with 'em, but they look pretty sweet.

TBH, shorts are shorts and longs are longs... it's pretty much splitting hairs so long as you get a set of levers from a reputable company it just boils down to which you think look the nicest.
raylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Pazzo for me, for the choice of colour and adjustibility
Yamaha R1 01 [Sold]
yuvraj8511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

I've owned 10 pair of pazzos on different bikes, always loved them, now I have the hp4 with the HP levers and they are sweet! I really really like them, but man are they expensive.
2013 HP4 Competition #0373-Sold
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
I've owned 10 pair of pazzos on different bikes, always loved them, now I have the hp4 with the HP levers and they are sweet! I really really like them, but man are they expensive.
How do the HP levers compare?
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

I like the feel better, the pazzos have a squareness feel to them. The hp feels more round, adjust better, look cooler to me. Dont get me wrong I love pazzo to, mg buddy sells them and I get them at cost so I always use them. Just nice to try something different
2013 HP4 Competition #0373-Sold
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
And why did you guys change from the stock? Pure looks? Or is the feel really exist? Or more in your mind?
Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Some of the higher end brake and clutch levers use ball bearings in their pivots rather than brass or steel bushings, that the OEM set use. They're inherently smoother than stock, but it depends on how sensitive you are to lever feel. Personally, I think they work best as a package, when you replace your stock brake lines (with kevlar or stainless), levers and of course brake fluid, which I change every few months anyway. The stock pads are plenty powerful for the street. But they do seem to kick off a lot of dust. I haven't addressed the brakes on my S1 yet. I'm still building up enough milage to get its 600-mi. service completed. But, then I'll start "tearing into it," probably starting at the brakes, then suspension, wheels, etc.

Keep in mind, if your bike has ABS (most do), some of the "universal levers will not work." If you're replacing the brake lines (highly recommended, even more so than replacing the levers and usually a bit less expensive), make sure you get a kit marked ABS or a kit market non-ABS, depending on your bike. It's easy to miss that distinction, especially if the dealer you're buying from only sells the kit for non-abs or the abs equipped bike. If in doubt call the vendor before ordering. .

Keep in mind an OEM brake lever alone has a $300 MSRP from the dealer. You can find it slightly (or in some cases, incredibly) cheaper elsewhere. Unfortunately, it appears a lot of 2010-2012 bike have hit the deck, but have done so on only one side, etc. So, I've seen quite a few right side or left side levers being sold by unfortunate S1 owners, as of late. But, if you need an OEM brake or clutch lever and you spy one on eBay, jump on it. They go quickly. On the other hand, if your bike has tipped over from a standstill or you need replacement levers for other a different reason, you're better off going with aftermarket units, from a functional and financial standpoint.

Aftermarket levers higher quality, usually provide more adjustability, and, yes, they do look cool. But, I can feel the difference between a a stock lever and an aftermarket/upgraded lever. It's money well spent. But, it's not exactly required money. If your levers are fine, than from a performance standpoint you're better off saving up for a set of wheels or an Ohlins fork cartridge (for your OEM forks), or even brake lines.

That's my $0.02.

Ride safe all,
Wolfgang
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Some of the higher end brake and clutch levers use ball bearings in their pivots rather than brass or steel bushings, that the OEM set use. They're inherently smoother than stock, but it depends on how sensitive you are to lever feel. Personally, I think they work best as a package, when you replace your stock brake lines (with kevlar or stainless), levers and of course brake fluid, which I change every few months anyway. The stock pads are plenty powerful for the street. But they do seem to kick off a lot of dust. I haven't addressed the brakes on my S1 yet. I'm still building up enough milage to get its 600-mi. service completed. But, then I'll start "tearing into it," probably starting at the brakes, then suspension, wheels, etc.

Keep in mind, if your bike has ABS (most do), some of the "universal levers will not work." If you're replacing the brake lines (highly recommended, even more so than replacing the levers and usually a bit less expensive), make sure you get a kit marked ABS or a kit market non-ABS, depending on your bike. It's easy to miss that distinction, especially if the dealer you're buying from only sells the kit for non-abs or the abs equipped bike. If in doubt call the vendor before ordering. .

Keep in mind an OEM brake lever alone has a $300 MSRP from the dealer. You can find it slightly (or in some cases, incredibly) cheaper elsewhere. Unfortunately, it appears a lot of 2010-2012 bike have hit the deck, but have done so on only one side, etc. So, I've seen quite a few right side or left side levers being sold by unfortunate S1 owners, as of late. But, if you need an OEM brake or clutch lever and you spy one on eBay, jump on it. They go quickly. On the other hand, if your bike has tipped over from a standstill or you need replacement levers for other a different reason, you're better off going with aftermarket units, from a functional and financial standpoint.

Aftermarket levers higher quality, usually provide more adjustability, and, yes, they do look cool. But, I can feel the difference between a a stock lever and an aftermarket/upgraded lever. It's money well spent. But, it's not exactly required money. If your levers are fine, than from a performance standpoint you're better off saving up for a set of wheels or an Ohlins fork cartridge (for your OEM forks), or even brake lines.

That's my $0.02.

Ride safe all,
Wolfgang
Thanks for the great info Wolfgang!

Which brings up another question. I didn't check. Does the HP4 have braided lines? Steel?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement