S1000RR vs ZX-10R vs CBR1000RR?? - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Mayhem Send a message via Skype™ to Mayhem
Default S1000RR vs ZX-10R vs CBR1000RR??

Ok guys, im in the market for a new bike. I have had many different bikes including an 06 R6, 07 GSX-R1000, 08 ZX-10R, and 11 GSX-R1000, plus a couple cruisers in there. I have never owned the FireBlade before though.

Now as far as pricing goes, i can get a '13 CBR1000RR for about $11K but its obviously low in the HP range but a beast in the midrange. Plus does not have all the bells and whistles as the others. Im mainly a street rider, i have no track days under my belt, the closest track to me is 6 hours away. Im not driving that far for that. So track is totally out of the equation and question.

Now i fell in love with the Gen 4 ZX-10R (2011-2013), it looks mean and i know is a beast plus the ecu reflash makes it a monster. My brother is also buying a new bike too and i know if we get different bikes its going to be a constant battle for supremacy haha. Also the Ruff Ryders are here and they ride like they are retards and dont got any sense, none of em have motorcycle licenses and act like they own everyone, i even had one of em challenge me in wal mart to a race and he has a busa, a busa, really? Thats not even a challenge for most of the big liter bikes...

I dont ride around racing cuz i dont ride like that. Im a twisty kind of guy, i dont drag race or none of that. But on the open interstate or the back roads around here in arkansas i man open it up a bit. I absolutely love the Black '13 S1000RR. It looks like beast. My brother says if i get the beemer then hes getting the ninja, but if i get the fireblade then he will too lol. He hates the looks of the beemer.

Anyone have any input for me? Should i go with the beemer and get the ecu reflashed plus a slip on? Or get a full system plus PCV? or Get a PCV, ecu reflash, and a full system? Or get a PCV, slip on and reflash? lol

Or should i just go with the new ninja?
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Go with the Ninjaaahhhh.
the_gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

haha are u serious? Or just being funny?
Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Talking

Totally serious brah.
the_gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

for yr riding style i would get the cbr, only get the s1000rr i u want to have the fastest bike out, if u dont plan on constantly opening it up to 170mph+ dont bother spendin the money on a s1000rr
ldub1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

i had an 08 cbr1000rr b4 the skrr an still was killing busas, all r good bikes but it depends on riding style an the braggin rights u want
ldub1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

lol ok thanks guys. Will continue with research
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
BRR

I think if you are buying brand new the CBR1000RR definitely has the best value especially since you can get them for under 10k as a left over. It has the best power band for normal street riding, keeping in mind that using the ZX10 and S1000RR awesome "top end" will mean triple digit speeds.

Any of these bikes are ridiculously fast and are excellently built, comes down to personal preference really. Have test ride on all of them and see which one speaks to you most.
BRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

That's easy, for me s1000RR, for you zx-10R

There you go, flip a coin, you won't regret it

I come from a crossplane R1.. Bad mofo
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Haha.. I'm leaning towards the black '13 Beemer. I love that color and the look of the Beemer. Looks like an animal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement