MCN: s1000rr vs HP4 - Page 8 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo View Post
Ha, ha...true! Not *all* gone though...dealer here has a comp not spoken for despite that it's plastered all over their website. Surprising.
which dealer has a comp HP4 not spoken for? Send me info!!!!! I WANT!!!
noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #72 (permalink)
TJC

I was surprised to see all this back in forth between S1000RR owners. Then I said it's winter so maybe a lot of people aren't out riding because of the weather and have nothing better to do. I ride all year round with people with all kinds of bikes BMW, Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, Yamaha, ect never have we argued over who has the better bike. I thought motorcycles were all about riding, learning and a sense of family, not to say families don't argue but lets argue about important things like entry points, trailbraking, rider position and ect not about which bike is better; lets build each other up not try and knock each other down. You got a HP4 cool, you got a HP4 Comp cool, you're sticking with your 20xx S1000RR Cool lets ride. rant complete

Last edited by TJC; 12-11-2012 at 02:20 AM.
TJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC View Post
I was surprised to see all this back in forth between S1000RR owners. Then I said it's winter so maybe a lot of people aren't out riding because of the weather and have nothing better to do. I ride all year round with people with all kinds of bikes BMW, Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, Yamaha, ect never have we argued over who has the better bike. I thought motorcycles were all about riding, learning and a sense of family, not to say families don't argue but lets argue it be about important things like entry points, trailbraking, rider position and ect not about which bike is better; lets build each other up not try and knock each other down. You got a HP4 cool, you got a HP4 Comp cool, you're sticking with your 20xx S1000RR Cool lets ride. rant complete
why not? we are talking about it cause it's interesting it's all in good fun.
There is a section on this forum about things that matter more - like technique, or fuel delivery etc...

HP4 is the latest and greatest and we are at that time where they are just getting to the first consumers. So there is a big buzz.

It's like the new 2013 BMW M3. Fun to talk about how cool it is and how fast it is, but give me a 1999 M3, I put some half way decent suspension on it, and slicks, and i'll beat any new M3 out there with its stock tires.

Things are evolving. BMW is a freaking awesome company in my opinion, and on this forum - we are all a part of BMW whether you have a 2010 S1krr, or the new HP4. I think we should all be proud of how much A$$ BMW is kicking just pushing the envelope every year not giving the competition room to even breath! They are just getting raped!!!! hahaha

If some of you are not getting an HP4, who cares? you slap some better tires on your 2010 and it's instantly faster than a stock HP4 on the track, hands down.

We should all be happy about the DDC. Whether it's not perfected now is not the point. The point is that this type of technology has been on cars for years, and BMW is the first to put it on a bike. Just wait a few years and the DDC will be amazing on the S1000RR's. After some revisions and software/hardware updates it should be sick!!!!

I think the same thing can be said when traction control was first introduced to cars or bikes. At first people resisted it, but after it's been "cleaned up" and refined, it truly does make you go faster.

One thing to note, in cars you can have traction control for street cars that kicks in way too early and actually slows you down, but you can have traction control for race cars that actually helps the best driver go even faster. I hope the electronics on our motorcycles are race specific rather than - i'm too dumb to ride, save me!!! type...
noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 AM   #74 (permalink)
BRR

I'm not sure why people are getting so sensitive. It's a S1000RR forum, and this thread is about the merits of the HP4 and the S1000RR. Of course there will be opinions back and forth - people who are interested in the HP4 and people who couldn't be happier with the base model S1000RR and have no interest in the HP4.

As far as I can see there has been healthy discussion back and forth. I understand why people are interested in the HP4 but I can also understand why some people think BMW didn't make the right improvements to justify the sticker price.

Me? I'm not that interested in the HP4 but I'm glad BMW made it, the more choice, the better, and if it makes some people happy to ride, no skin off my back.
BRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noamkrief View Post
which dealer has a comp HP4 not spoken for? Send me info!!!!! I WANT!!!
Charlotte, NC. Got one of each in last week. Comp was still being hawked on their website over the weekend (still is actually) but when I was in today it was gone. Some guy flew out from Texas, donned a full suit, and headed back to Tx on it. Guess he's stopping in Birmingham for his 600 mile service. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Charlotte, NC. Got one of each in last week. Comp was still being hawked on their website over the weekend (still is actually) but when I was in today it was gone. Some guy flew out from Texas, donned a full suit, and headed back to Tx on it. Guess he's stopping in Birmingham for his 600 mile service. ;-)

Awesome
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Thats bad ass
2013 HP4 Competition #0373-Sold
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRR View Post
I'm not sure why people are getting so sensitive. It's a S1000RR forum, and this thread is about the merits of the HP4 and the S1000RR. Of course there will be opinions back and forth - people who are interested in the HP4 and people who couldn't be happier with the base model S1000RR and have no interest in the HP4.

As far as I can see there has been healthy discussion back and forth. I understand why people are interested in the HP4 but I can also understand why some people think BMW didn't make the right improvements to justify the sticker price.

Me? I'm not that interested in the HP4 but I'm glad BMW made it, the more choice, the better, and if it makes some people happy to ride, no skin off my back.
Yup, I think that you are right on BRR.
This is a forum, and it's about discussion for people to express their opinions.
I'm glad that, in the USA anyway, we are still free to express them.
Ps#37-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC View Post
I was surprised to see all this back in forth between S1000RR owners. Then I said it's winter so maybe a lot of people aren't out riding because of the weather and have nothing better to do. I ride all year round with people with all kinds of bikes BMW, Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, Yamaha, ect never have we argued over who has the better bike. I thought motorcycles were all about riding, learning and a sense of family, not to say families don't argue but lets argue about important things like entry points, trailbraking, rider position and ect not about which bike is better; lets build each other up not try and knock each other down. You got a HP4 cool, you got a HP4 Comp cool, you're sticking with your 20xx S1000RR Cool lets ride. rant complete
That's what forums are for, so we can all see who's got the biggest @!({ and we never have to prove a damn thing. I know there are some stone cold liars on this and every forum I have been. Some just have to have it all.

We we do meet up nobody says a thing about who or what is the best we just ride and have fun. And it does not matter what you ride, unless it's a 250. They tend to get left on the highway so you better know the destination, and even if you don't we will probably wait for you at the turn, maybe, I don't know 250's are a little hard to deal with when the road stretches out. If you are a girl on a 250 we WILL wait. If its a dude I can't make any promises.
2009 Honda CBR1000RR ABS

2010 BMW S1000RR
ABS-DTC-Shift Assist
Fastest Color Motorsport
AMPforE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #80 (permalink)

LOL I wouldnt wait for anyone on a 250.

Track- 2011 BMW S1000RR with ABS, TC, and Race Assist. BST Wheels, Shorai Battery, Full Akrapovic Exhaust, Bazzaz, Full Ohlins suspension, Vortex Rearsets, BMC Race Filter, Pazzo Racing Levers, Yoshimura Case Protectors, Stomp tank Pads, Puig Windscreen, Frame Sliders and Fender eliminator
pimpedc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement