MCN: s1000rr vs HP4 - Page 6 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #51 (permalink)

Can anyone post the mcn comparison?
erion racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #52 (permalink)

I hope my HP4 still rides smooth once I put my chrome wheels on and lower it by one inch. Then I plan to cut off one of the front brake calipers to better show my wheels.

Sounds crazy huh?

Are we SERIOUSLY debating over how good the HP4 is on the street? Really? Come on guys, it's designed for ONE thing. If you choose to take it back and forth to bike night, then don't ridicule the BMW engineers for not making it comfortable as you cruise along at a blistering 70mph.

This is why the American sport car market is littered with 5000lb, leather interior, navigation, heated seat, heated steering wheel, 22 inch chrome wheel "sports cars"

If you want a street bike, buy one. If you want a track bike buy one. If you want both, don't complain that it want to both.

Rant off.

Thanks for listening.
New Life Bible Church "Racing"
tanks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
I am sorry but whoever thinks the competion version is exclusive have fallen prey to marketing BS. They only thing comp gives you is a package deal for some HP parts. Nothing more. I am not denying its looks, but it is not exclusive. Now the HP4's on a whole are exclusive. For me, I am after the performance side. I was going to buy a reg s1k, but for the money, and a bit of rarity, it was a small up charge to get all the added bits.

Just my 2 cents Canadian
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeJaywalker View Post
A competition is a standard with aftermarket parts....no more exclusive than mines, lmao!
The competition models are absolutely more exclusive than the standards. How much more? Oh I'd say 1,900 times more. That's the difference between 2,500 standards produced and only 600 comps. Numbers don't lie

Last edited by HULK; 12-10-2012 at 01:42 AM.
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK View Post
The competition models are absolutely more exclusive than the standards. How much more? Oh I'd say 1,900 times more. That's the difference between 2,500 standards produced and only 600 comps. Numbers don't lie
It's actually 4.17 times more exclusive, but yeah, what he said.
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK View Post
AGREED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
I've said this before, but when BMW gets around to building a true HP4, like the HP2 Sport, then I'm in. We're talking an HP4 with bespoke parts, like milled triple clamps and rearsets. 100% carbon fiber fairings. A truly massaged engine that isn't just an aftermarket exhaust slapped on (the HP2 boxer gained power over the standard oilheads through redesigned heads).

I guess when those who own HP4's and have previously owned S1000RR's start giving ride comparisons then this topic will be mute. The only S1RR's that even come close to riding like this machine are worth a lot more than the HP4 Comp is being sold for.

'Bespoke parts?' OK, I see...

Given you've never ridden an HP4 and have sunk a bucket load of money into your own S1000RR, I'd say this remains a case of sour grapes.

As I see it, the HP4 was built to be affordable by pretty much everyone who's already bought an S1RR...admittedly, some might be at a stretch. Here's an idea, BMW should make their version of a Desmocidici...oh wait, in Australia Desmo's retailed for over $120K. For this price, I could buy a hand built S1RR ready for AMA or even WSBK racing....I'm sure it'd have 'BESPOKE' parts though.

Last edited by wattsy_rules; 12-10-2012 at 02:46 AM.
wattsy_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 AM   #56 (permalink)

Unbelievable.....S1000 owners arguing with each other. It's like having two factions now. Some soon to be HP4 owners are gloating. Let them. Some non HP4 owners are jealous...don't be. There will always be those that throw what they have in your face. Then there are those that have, and share their excitement with others. These are the ones we should respond to. Also , ignore the haters.
Please continue to share your HP4 experiences with us. I personally don't dig the color scheme. I own a four month old 2012 Red/White. Love it. Congrats to those getting the new bike. They are bad azz.

Steve
2009 Suzuki GSX 650-F (Sold(First Bike)
SwaggerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #57 (permalink)

It's crude but you get the jist.

MCN: s1000rr vs HP4-mcn_1.jpg

MCN: s1000rr vs HP4-mcn_2.jpg

MCN: s1000rr vs HP4-mcn_3.jpg

MCN: s1000rr vs HP4-mcn_4.jpg
Porridgewog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #58 (permalink)

Just post up some pictures when you guys get the HP4's

Street and Track- 2011 BMW S1000RR with ABS, TC, and Race Assist. Full Akrapovic Exhaust, Bazzaz, Full Ohlins suspension, Vortex Rearsets, BMC Race Filter, Pazzo Racing Levers, Yoshimura Case Protectors, Stomp tank Pads, Puig Windscreen, Frame Sliders and Fender eliminator

Track- 2008 GSXR 1000 with 194 RWHP, Racetech Suspension, full Bazzaz Package, etc.
pimpedc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #59 (permalink)

Porridgewog thanks for the post up
erion racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #60 (permalink)

If the competition engine had more hp than the standard or fullyelectronic compression and damping suspension then I said yes it is exclusive but so far the only difrence is the add on cosmetic stuff as others have stated,you can add all the competition goodies to a std and who will tell the diffrence
Jimmyc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement