MCN: s1000rr vs HP4 - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion


» Insurance
» Sponsors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
HP4
Senior Member
 
HP4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 297
Garage
Default Rationalization....According to who?

Simply put.... you just cannot rationalize another mans desire to purchase an HP4, or your desire to avoid one, with facts, dollars & cents, or subjective analysis. All those rules live in your head and the our lust for motorcycles lives in our hearts. To the beachers and moaners and the over enthuhsiastic gloaters .... settle down boys! This is just the flavor of the month and soon enough it will pass and they'll be something else to rage and spew your value systems upon all over again. Those of you who are fortunate enough to be getting one..... be Humble. Those of you that can't ..... be Civil. We're all drinking the Kool-Aid of marketing here. None of us really needs the HP4 in comparison to our riding skills - but they sure as hell make you WANT IT with its sleek ass design, paint scheme and Techno-Talent. She's a beauty allright - but she's just a grown man's Toy that gives us a thrill and a tickle we just don't get anywhere else but on the road with two wheels underneath us. And we all get that no matter what we're sitting on!

Last edited by HP4; 12-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.
HP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jhockey18aa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4 View Post
Simply put.... you just cannot rationalize another mans desire to purchase an HP4, or your desire to avoid one, with facts, dollars & cents, or subjective analysis. All those rules live in your head and the our lust for motorcycles lives in our hearts. To the beachers and moaners and the over enthuhsiastic gloaters .... settle down boys! This is just the flavor of the month and soon enough it will pass and they'll be something else to rage and spew your value systems upon all over again. Those of you who are fortunate enough to be getting one..... be Humble. Those of you that can't ..... be Civil. We're all drinking the Kool-Aid of marketing here. None of us really needs the HP4 in comparison to our riding skills - but they sure as hell make you WANT IT with its sleek ass design, paint scheme and Techno-Talent. She's a beauty allright - but she's just a grown man's Toy that gives us a thrill and a tickle we just don't get anywhere else but on the road with two wheels underneath us. And we all get that no matter what we're sitting on!
Where's the "like" button?! Well thought out and I couldn't agree more!
__________________
1986 BMW 316i (1st bimmer) sold
1993 BMW 318i (Euro spec) sold
2003 BMW 325i sold
2006 Kawi ZX6R (my first love) sold
2010 Kawi BruteForce 750i sold
2011 BMW 328XI
2011 BMW S1K Yellow
-ZGravity corsa w/s, Yoshi sliders, RG mirror blk offs, GB case svrs, CRG lvrs, Andreani Group 30mm kit, XBK5 pads, Woodcraft spools, stompgrips, Attack rearsets, Ohlins damper, Renthal sprockets, DIDERV3 chain 520 Conv, Full race Akrapovic SS w carbon hanger, BrenTuned
jhockey18aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
CYD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4 View Post
Simply put.... you just cannot rationalize another mans desire to purchase an HP4, or your desire to avoid one, with facts, dollars & cents, or subjective analysis. All those rules live in your head and the our lust for motorcycles lives in our hearts. To the beachers and moaners and the over enthuhsiastic gloaters .... settle down boys! This is just the flavor of the month and soon enough it will pass and they'll be something else to rage and spew your value systems upon all over again.

Those of you who are fortunate enough to be getting one..... be Humble.

Those of you that can't ..... be Civil.


We're all drinking the Kool-Aid of marketing here. None of us really needs the HP4 in comparison to our riding skills - but they sure as hell make you WANT IT with its sleek ass design, paint scheme and Techno-Talent. She's a beauty allright - but she's just a grown man's Toy that gives us a thrill and a tickle we just don't get anywhere else but on the road with two wheels underneath us. And we all get that no matter what we're sitting on!
Could you be any more judicious with the bold and the colors? I am not sure I understood exactly what you wanted, so I quoted with my emphasis added. Atleast you didn't throw in some <blink> tags or use the capslock . Valid points though! Thanks!
CYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 192
Default

I don't think the HP4 is the flavor of the month. I think limited edition cars or motorcycles are cool. They have a part in history and you pay a premium to be and own part of that history.

If we (future HP4 owners) wanted a really fast bike, we'd buy a REAL racebike for 30k like this one:
BMW : R-Series in BMW | eBay Motorcycles

Probably blow the HP4 out of the water!!!

I think that buying an HP4 may be part of one of the following or combination of the following:

1) exclusivity
2) part of history
3) show off factor
4) status

For me it's 50% part of history and the other 50% is a combination of the rest.

Maybe i'm right and maybe i'm wrong, but if i'm right, there is nothing wrong with it. You know the feeling when you are in a BMW 335i at a stoplight, and the M3 pulls right next to you??? hahaha - I want to be in the M3. Just sayin...
noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member

 
Rush66crp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Spanaway, Wa
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4 View Post
Simply put.... you just cannot rationalize another mans desire to purchase an HP4, or your desire to avoid one, with facts, dollars & cents, or subjective analysis. All those rules live in your head and the our lust for motorcycles lives in our hearts. To the beachers and moaners and the over enthuhsiastic gloaters .... settle down boys! This is just the flavor of the month and soon enough it will pass and they'll be something else to rage and spew your value systems upon all over again. Those of you who are fortunate enough to be getting one..... be Humble. Those of you that can't ..... be Civil. We're all drinking the Kool-Aid of marketing here. None of us really needs the HP4 in comparison to our riding skills - but they sure as hell make you WANT IT with its sleek ass design, paint scheme and Techno-Talent. She's a beauty allright - but she's just a grown man's Toy that gives us a thrill and a tickle we just don't get anywhere else but on the road with two wheels underneath us. And we all get that no matter what we're sitting on!
This!!

Btw, would anyone mind taking a close up picture of the shock?
Rush66crp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Space City
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noamkrief View Post
I don't think the HP4 is the flavor of the month. I think limited edition cars or motorcycles are cool. They have a part in history and you pay a premium to be and own part of that history.

If we (future HP4 owners) wanted a really fast bike, we'd buy a REAL racebike for 30k like this one:
BMW : R-Series in BMW | eBay Motorcycles

Probably blow the HP4 out of the water!!!

I think that buying an HP4 may be part of one of the following or combination of the following:

1) exclusivity
2) part of history
3) show off factor
4) status

For me it's 50% part of history and the other 50% is a combination of the rest.

Maybe i'm right and maybe i'm wrong, but if i'm right, there is nothing wrong with it. You know the feeling when you are in a BMW 335i at a stoplight, and the M3 pulls right next to you??? hahaha - I want to be in the M3. Just sayin...
^^^---- this
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jimmyc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Katy,Texas
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush66crp View Post
This!!

Btw, would anyone mind taking a close up picture of the shock?

__________________
-------------------------------
2013 BMW s1000rr HP4 (STD)
2009 Kawasaki zx6R-race bike
Jimmyc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jhockey18aa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noamkrief View Post
I don't think the HP4 is the flavor of the month. I think limited edition cars or motorcycles are cool. They have a part in history and you pay a premium to be and own part of that history.

I think that buying an HP4 may be part of one of the following or combination of the following:

1) exclusivity
2) part of history
3) show off factor
4) status
Def agree with 3 and 4!
__________________
1986 BMW 316i (1st bimmer) sold
1993 BMW 318i (Euro spec) sold
2003 BMW 325i sold
2006 Kawi ZX6R (my first love) sold
2010 Kawi BruteForce 750i sold
2011 BMW 328XI
2011 BMW S1K Yellow
-ZGravity corsa w/s, Yoshi sliders, RG mirror blk offs, GB case svrs, CRG lvrs, Andreani Group 30mm kit, XBK5 pads, Woodcraft spools, stompgrips, Attack rearsets, Ohlins damper, Renthal sprockets, DIDERV3 chain 520 Conv, Full race Akrapovic SS w carbon hanger, BrenTuned
jhockey18aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
^^^---- this

If I were you, call every BMW motorcycle dealership in the USA and find yourself an HP4. That's what money is for - to buy stuff!

If you are already having 2nd thoughts about your 2013 RR, you will never be happy. You'll always regret not having an HP4 and that feeling really sucks.

I'm assuming i'm not talking to an 18 year old with a $5000 6 year old gixxer.
If you can afford a 2013 S1000RR, you can fit an HP4 somewhere in your budget.
Quit drinking for a year, quit eating garbage food at restaurants, and pay yourself back for the difference in a positive way.

If you get an HP4, make sure you get the competition package. Without insulting anyone, I don't see why some people got the standard. If it's exclusive, and limited edition - I don't see why BMW made 2 versions. It makes the standard not a collector's piece anymore. Just a cool freaking 2013 with DDC.
noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Space City
Posts: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noamkrief View Post
If I were you, call every BMW motorcycle dealership in the USA and find yourself an HP4. That's what money is for - to buy stuff!

If you are already having 2nd thoughts about your 2013 RR, you will never be happy. You'll always regret not having an HP4 and that feeling really sucks.

I'm assuming i'm not talking to an 18 year old with a $5000 6 year old gixxer.
If you can afford a 2013 S1000RR, you can fit an HP4 somewhere in your budget.
Quit drinking for a year, quit eating garbage food at restaurants, and pay yourself back for the difference in a positive way.

If you get an HP4, make sure you get the competition package. Without insulting anyone, I don't see why some people got the standard. If it's exclusive, and limited edition - I don't see why BMW made 2 versions. It makes the standard not a collector's piece anymore. Just a cool freaking 2013 with DDC.

They have 2 "not taken yet" at wild west Honda in houston, tx! !

Hurry before they're gone!
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
© S1000RRforum.com
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum