Kawasaki ZX-10R and BMW S1000RR - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #31 (permalink)

Since this has dropped into a 600 vs 1000 cc bike thread, I will chime in. Is it about which bike is faster or which bike you have more fun riding. I will agree that on a very tight technical set of twisty roads a 600 may be faster but on the kind of medium speed twisty roads that 90% of us ride on a 1000 is faster. I am 200 without riding gear and I hate shifting all of the time, I wont ride something on the street that roughly as fast as my corvette. I do get into the occasional race and it is nice to have some ponies under the hood so to speak. It is nice to be able to pass cars in whatever gear your in instead of going into full tuck and downshifting to pass a few cars in a row. 1000cc bikes usually sell faster as well. Just a few of my thoughts before this thread convinces everyone to sell their BMW and go buy CBR250r's ....

Track- 2011 BMW S1000RR with ABS, TC, and Race Assist. BST Wheels, Shorai Battery, Full Akrapovic Exhaust, Bazzaz, Full Ohlins suspension, Vortex Rearsets, BMC Race Filter, Pazzo Racing Levers, Yoshimura Case Protectors, Stomp tank Pads, Puig Windscreen, Frame Sliders and Fender eliminator

Track- 2008 GSXR 1000 with 194 RWHP, Racetech Suspension, full Bazzaz Package, etc.
pimpedc6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRR View Post
I agree with others. Modern literbikes are all astonishing bikes to ride, and for the most part the choice comes down to small idiosyncratic personal preference. I could be happy on nearly any bike, but small things like standard heated grips and quick shifter are enough to make me choose the BMW.
If we got back on track to the original thread, Kawi ZX-10R vs BMW S1000RR, this comment is really the one that resonates with me.

"I have no idea. How fast was I going?"
Jagman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #33 (permalink)

After reading this thread i think some people should sell their bikes. I absolutely thrash this beast on the road and there aint a 600 going to beat me. These litre bikes are so small this whole 600 debate seems dated and more suited for back when bikes were tanks. I rode the paningal and it was too small and felt like a 250 ! For those who cant ride to the bikes potential on the road i recommend getting up 5:30 am on a summers morning and hitting the deserted country twisties and it's like a free trackday Now this may not appeal to some but to others the added naughty factor on top of the already noted dangers makes for some hardcore adrenalin and is addictive. I don't mean to come across as some hero who knows everything it just frustrates me a little to hear lads saying they are not getting the most from their bmws. As for it being the best i believe they are all awesome and the differences allow us to pick one that suites us.

2012 s1000rr
2010 cbr1000rr
2005 gsxr1000 (track bike)
2007 Harley davidson heritage custom
2002 kx250
Toe cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #34 (permalink)

I'd happily buy a ZX-10R but I'm a snob!!

S1000RR, I was faster around Philip Island on my Triumph 675 than my I have been to date on my S1RR.

600CC bikes rock for most of us riders, however, I love the feeling of my rear wheel drifting a little out of corners from gassing it.

That and I'm a snob.
wattsy_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe cutter View Post
After reading this thread i think some people should sell their bikes. I absolutely thrash this beast on the road and there aint a 600 going to beat me. These litre bikes are so small this whole 600 debate seems dated and more suited for back when bikes were tanks. I rode the paningal and it was too small and felt like a 250 ! For those who cant ride to the bikes potential on the road i recommend getting up 5:30 am on a summers morning and hitting the deserted country twisties and it's like a free trackday Now this may not appeal to some but to others the added naughty factor on top of the already noted dangers makes for some hardcore adrenalin and is addictive. I don't mean to come across as some hero who knows everything it just frustrates me a little to hear lads saying they are not getting the most from their bmws. As for it being the best i believe they are all awesome and the differences allow us to pick one that suites us.
Another good quote. I leave as early in the morning as possible, but usually around 6:30 or 7:00am on Sunday or Saturdays, (usually back a bit before noon or earlier with over 250-300 miles logged. I can agree that it takes some balls to wring the neck of the SThou though, more so than the CBR1000 or GSX1000. This one has so much power in the 8-11K rev band that pushing it past 11K to redline is where I find it sometimes hard to do, other than nice flat straight runs through the gears.

"I have no idea. How fast was I going?"
Jagman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsy_rules View Post
I'd happily buy a ZX-10R but I'm a snob!!

S1000RR, I was faster around Philip Island.
I hate you for having that track in your backyard!

To all the other comments, there is nothing better than my S1000, whether I'm ringing the sh*t out of it ON THE TRACK, or not!
Pseudolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmltoe View Post

To all the other comments, there is nothing better than my S1000, whether I'm ringing the sh*t out of it ON THE TRACK, or not!
Couldn't have said it better !

2012 s1000rr
2010 cbr1000rr
2005 gsxr1000 (track bike)
2007 Harley davidson heritage custom
2002 kx250
Toe cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Everything you see on TV and the things the riders say about it is true. I love seeing the faces on riders who come back after their very first session ever and take off their helmet.

It's usually a look of HOLY CRAP, I've never been so scared before AND I've just had sex for the first time!

I can't wait to get the HP4 down there!

Last edited by wattsy_rules; 12-08-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsy_rules View Post

I can't wait to get the HP4 down there!
The hate is increasing exponentially! LOL. Cheers you fortunate bastard!
Pseudolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
The hate is increasing exponentially! LOL. Cheers you fortunate bastard!
Hehehe...Happy to post a lap by lap ride review if you'd like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement