Wind & Mirrors!!! - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wind & Mirrors!!!

The first career with mirrors normal 307 km/h and the second career with folded mirrors, 316 km/h. Both in the same sense, enough side wind and 32 C of temperature

S1KRR 2011/ PCV/ Arrow Evo2 shorty/ BMC/ 41 rear 525 sprocket/ 5.500 km.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_aNgd8B3Hk

Last edited by plumero; 12-25-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: I edited the video and raised it without music for problems of copyright.
plumero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 02:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thank you for posting your top speed video

I was shocked to find that keeping the mirrors open cost you around 9 km/h at top speed

From what i saw in your video, you can gain more top speed if you install a double bubble screen without holes like the one i have, Fabbri Double Bubble screen, or if you want to keep your original screen, try to cover the holes with a strong tape, according to a UK bike magazine test, you should gain around 5 km/h more!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1...-then-buy.html
2010 S1000RR- Ported head by Bsinclair-Austin Racing GP3 full Exhaust - Brentuning ECU reflash device V2 - MWR HE Airfilter - BST wheels - Ceramic wheel bearings , 5" stretch, lowered, Brock's Performance clutch mod & heavy spring kit & front strap kit, APE Clutch, -1 front
8.78 sec on 91 pump gas & Conti SportAttack2 tire
YouTube: BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
Instagram:BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN
BMWS1000RRBAHRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Where did you acomplish your run?
You get used to speed fast!
Panic is NOT a strategy!
RIQUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
DBX

As far as I understand those bubbles are there to create a vortex behind ure screen, by those having less high to low pressure difference. I can remember ice skaters having specially placed ribs who did the same on their leggs, increasing their speed by having less drag. Though in this case, I rather think its for the comfort of the rider. BMW has anny info on this?
DBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

lol... wind & mirrors... exclamation points... ... excellent... rofl
Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000RR Bahrain View Post
Thank you for posting your top speed video

I was shocked to find that keeping the mirrors open cost you around 9 km/h at top speed

From what i saw in your video, you can gain more top speed if you install a double bubble screen without holes like the one i have, Fabbri Double Bubble screen, or if you want to keep your original screen, try to cover the holes with a strong tape, according to a UK bike magazine test, you should gain around 5 km/h more!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1...-then-buy.html
I'm glad that you have liked the clip although I did not formed correctly my GoPro. Also I surprised the speed difference, because the wind that existed was side and not straight ahead, it can be that in the minutes that passed there has been some change in his direction intensity. I do not like walking in the route without mirrors because here there are motorbikes very fast and it is necessary to be with attention, but this day angered me that the motorbike was not spending 307 km/h and that's why I folded them because the previous weekend the motorbike it ran 319 km/h with the mirrors, a pity that was starting raining and I had to flee

Very interesting the test with the bubble without holes.

My bike has putting a ZG Racing and the bike improved in speed, but I did not bear in mind that thing about the holes. Checking the catalogue of BMW S 1000RR I found the following thing on his pages 28/29:

...... ' And above this is the windshield, incorporating two holes on either side to air reduces turbulence around the rider s head. '

Clearly the holes are for comfort of the pilot and not thinking about the maximum yield.

My next tests will be:

1- Transmission 520. Until there does not come to me the chain EK ZZZ, I do not want to change because here, several have broken 520 of other marks. If the motorbike improves, as they say, I will keep on extracting him teeth to the rear sprocket, because I want more speed but not to overcome 13.900 rpm.

2- To lower the motorbike and principally to diminish the distance between the front wheel and the fender, I do not want to make one more surrounding (models like Hayabusa ZX-14), because I believe that they do uglier to the bike, but it is necessary because with our fenders we must lose penetration.

3- Of course to cover the holes of the bubble and to prove if the turbulency does not make me see double, that was happening to me with a ZG DB in my anteriror R1, which was slower. Thank you very much for the advice.

Greetings
Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIQUE View Post
Where did you acomplish your run?
In a divided highway in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBX View Post
As far as I understand those bubbles are there to create a vortex behind ure screen, by those having less high to low pressure difference. I can remember ice skaters having specially placed ribs who did the same on their leggs, increasing their speed by having less drag. Though in this case, I rather think its for the comfort of the rider. BMW has anny info on this?
I believe that you are saying the correct thing
Old 12-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSanD View Post
lol... wind & mirrors... exclamation points... ... excellent... rofl
Thank you.

PD: I'm sorry but I don't know that it means "rofl"
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumero View Post
Thank you.

PD: I'm sorry but I don't know that it means "rofl"
Rollin On Floor Laughin

I was just enjoyin the admin edit on the title cuz I read the post (which btw was great) and then came back and saw this and was confused if this was new or what happened for a minute... then it clicked.
Advertisement