LINK TO FULL ARTICLE ...
Carrozzeria Wheels | Feel The Track
HERE IS A SUMMARY
SUMMARY I have to say that the adaption process to the Carrozzeria wheels was not an easy one because it took a lot of careful thought and measured objective testing to really see how the chassis could benefit from this 5lb weight loss. So, five 20 minutes sessions (there are normally 7 in a 3 group day) gave me a chassis that I could really feel comfortable about pushing hard to get the lap times down.
Video link: Carrozzeria Wheels, Thunderhill Session 5 - YouTube
The outer third of the wheel having less weight made a huge change in all aspects of riding:
- braking markers moved up significantly
- braking force reduced for much better lever feel and overall performance
- initial turn in required much less physical input
- line correction much easier to make
- significantly less effort to transition the bike
- much quicker acceleration off corners
I still believe that there would be another half day or perhaps more to focus on turn in points and acceleration to be assured that I was making the best use of the wheels with a completely optimized chassis. But – that’s me, striving for perfection and confidence based on a sound understanding of what I have and that I can trust it and let go to focus on skill execution.
Should you consider getting a set and is it a worthwhile investment? A resounding yes for many reasons:
- weight savings means better fuel economy on the street and these are street legal wheels
- anodizing saves more weight over powder coating
- you can keep your stock rear rotor or use their proprietary superibke rotor
- you can get the race kit spacer set for the front wheel (much better than stock spacers)
- all wheels are hand built with great attention to detail
- yes, you get your choice of colors and I think the gold color looks great on the R1 (matches the Nitron shock and Leo Vince Corsa exhaust!).
Email me with any questions or deals...
ARROW, AUSTIN RACING , AKRAPOVIC, TAYLORMADE, M4, BROCKS, MUZZY, YOSHIMURA, TWO BROS, ALPINESTARS, SCOPRIO ALARMS