LINK TO FULL ARTICLE ...
Carrozzeria Wheels | Feel The Track
HERE IS A SUMMARY
SUMMARY I have to say that the adaption process to the Carrozzeria wheels was not an easy one because it took a lot of careful thought and measured objective testing to really see how the chassis could benefit from this 5lb weight loss. So, five 20 minutes sessions (there are normally 7 in a 3 group day) gave me a chassis that I could really feel comfortable about pushing hard to get the lap times down.
Video link: Carrozzeria Wheels, Thunderhill Session 5 - YouTube
The outer third of the wheel having less weight made a huge change in all aspects of riding:
- braking markers moved up significantly
- braking force reduced for much better lever feel and overall performance
- initial turn in required much less physical input
- line correction much easier to make
- significantly less effort to transition the bike
- much quicker acceleration off corners
I still believe that there would be another half day or perhaps more to focus on turn in points and acceleration to be assured that I was making the best use of the wheels with a completely optimized chassis. But – that’s me, striving for perfection and confidence based on a sound understanding of what I have and that I can trust it and let go to focus on skill execution.
Should you consider getting a set and is it a worthwhile investment? A resounding yes for many reasons:
- weight savings means better fuel economy on the street and these are street legal wheels
- anodizing saves more weight over powder coating
- you can keep your stock rear rotor or use their proprietary superibke rotor
- you can get the race kit spacer set for the front wheel (much better than stock spacers)
- all wheels are hand built with great attention to detail
- yes, you get your choice of colors and I think the gold color looks great on the R1 (matches the Nitron shock and Leo Vince Corsa exhaust!).
Email me with any questions or deals...
ARROW, LEOVINCE, AKRAPOVIC, TAYLORMADE, TERMI, M4, BROCKS, MUZZY, JARDINE, YOSHIMURA, TWO BROS, ALPINESTARS, SCOPRIO ALARMS