Lost a set of keys! - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Lost a set of keys!

Well during a move into another house I have managed to lose one of my keys and alarm fob. I still have my spares but would like to have 2 sets still if I can't find them.

Anyone know the process and cost of getting a new set made up?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM
You have to get the key from a dealership. You have to show proof of ownership (drivers license and pink slip?). Call them and make sure what paperwork you need for the key before going in. Key is about $50. It will come ready to work with the bike.

Alarm fob you just need to buy. I believe you can get it to work with your bike without them using the shop computer. Check your alarm owners/users manual. You will need all fobs at once and the one you have lost will no longer work. If you find it you can "hook it up" along with the others but you need them all at the same time.

If you are concerned about the lost key being used to steal you bike you can have it "deleted" from the bike's ECU. The dealership will have to do that and you will need any keys that you want to work with the bike at that time as well (including the plastic wallet key).

If you find it you can have it reatached to the bike but the dealership will again have to perform it and will need all the keys you want to work with it.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode