Am I alone here?? - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

I won't get rid of my '12, but DAMN I want that black K 1300!!!! That mofo is EFFIN comfortable!!! That's my next bike fo sho!!
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianvr4 View Post
you're not alone brother. the only thing that the hp4 has that i'd like on my bike is the electronic suspension but thats not worth it to me. i havent had traction control on for 1.5 years, just dont ever use it, everything else is just bling thats irrelevant to me. and yeah i've definately developed an attachment to it with all the work i've put into it.
I agree, the only thing I wish I had on my 10 is heated grips! The two track days I have completed, and the other 4500 miles has all been on factory settings. I did not change rebound/dampening or tires all stock. Tire pressure yes and I still wore out my knee pucks, toe pads and even grounded down my peg feeler. Lost front end once and TC kicked in a time or two. My time was the same as a BMW GM younger than me and has been in well over a dozen track days and K Code school.
Best to all who is getting one but I'm good with what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Skygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

I understand what the op is saying. Thru all the mods and wrench time and customizing mine to the way I like it and for me you form a connection. I might try and paint mine similar to the hp and if i could somehow mod the adjustable suspension but I wouldn't trade it. Don't get me wrong if money wasn't an issue or someone said here's an hp arms would be wide open lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
bigmalof00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

i plan on keeping the bmw till the warranty is up (3 year) then buying a new s1krr and repeating what i did with the 1st one.

i love my bike but parts get old and wear out. i like having a new(er) bike.

yeah i will have to buy another, exhaust, frame sliders, hid's front and rear axle sliders, engine coves, and weighted bar ends... spend hours getting use to it and tuning the suspension to me (for me suspension is always a work in progress, i dont think it will ever be "set" for me. im always getting faster and riding on different roads at different speeds) but to me its worth it. i usually sell my bike keep 2 grand for goodies on the new bike and put the rest down or at least enough to keep my payments to $200 a month for 3 years.

after 5 bikes this is what works for me.

Last edited by GunSlinger; 11-11-2012 at 03:41 PM.
GunSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
i plan on keeping the bmw till the warranty is up (3 year) then buying a new s1krr and repeating what i did with the 1st one.

i love my bike but parts get old and wear out. i like having a new(er) bike.

yeah i will have to buy another, exhaust, frame sliders, hid's front and rear axle sliders, engine coves, and weighted bar ends... spend hours getting use to it and tuning the suspension to me (for me suspension is always a work in progress, i dont think it will ever be "set" for me. im always getting faster and riding on different roads at different speeds) but to me its worth it. i usually sell my bike keep 2 grand for goodies on the new bike and put the rest down or at least enough to keep my payments to $200 a month for 3 years.

after 5 bikes this is what works for me.
Exactly. That's why I did the 3asy Ride program. Bike technology advances so fast that a 4 year old bike is like a 10 year old car. Why not have the latest and greatest if you can? If anything I can see HP4 owners getting attached to their bikes because of the "special edition" aspect. I had a 2007 Repsol that I NEVER would have sold.......but it got stolen

Subjectively, every one can argue about what year is the best s1k, or if the HP4 is the holy grail of looks. But objectively speaking, the '12-'13 is a better performing bike than the '10-'11, and the HP4 is a better performing bike than the '12-'13 s1k. You can do all the mods you want to your year, but stock vs. stock there's no arguing with the facts.

Having said all that, I'm sure I'll be very happy with my '12 for the next couple years

Last edited by HULK; 11-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
BRR

For me they went the wrong direction with the HP4. I'd rather have a more comfortable shorter geared slower naked Tuono-style S1000RR.
BRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

I just got full Top of the line Ohlins for my 2011 and I plan on keeping my baby. There are people that attach to bikes and folks that don't. Aside from performance track riding a 2010/2011 with some performance tuning will do what any HP4 can on the street or the canyons, so why bother if you won't track the bike.
You get used to speed fast!
Panic is NOT a strategy!
RIQUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

2010 all day. I have had it long enough I have gotten my mods for the track etc. I really want the turbo, but deliberating. If I get that, I am good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIQUE View Post
I just got full Top of the line Ohlins for my 2011 and I plan on keeping my baby. There are people that attach to bikes and folks that don't. Aside from performance track riding a 2010/2011 with some performance tuning will do what any HP4 can on the street or the canyons, so why bother if you won't track the bike.
ibb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to G-force

just got to see an HP4 in person at international motorcycle show in dallas. gorgeous bike and a lot of cool differences between the basic bike. the only things i'd love to have off the HP4 are heated grips and electronic suspension. i have no use for adjustable trac control etc and just those 2 things arent worth the price difference.
it is a hell of a bike though!

Last edited by G-force; 11-11-2012 at 08:04 PM.
G-force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

Russian, let me tell you bout electronic suspension. Its as delicate as egg shells be it on a bike, 4x4, truck, SUV, Armoured vehicle, subway..you name it. Just wait and see. I would not have that feature even if it was free.
You get used to speed fast!
Panic is NOT a strategy!
RIQUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement