** Forum Members Feedback Needed. Time to Chime in. ** - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Price is important, But I'll pay 1-2% more for better customer service.
As mentioned above, availability of product. I don't mind at all drop shipping, but don't tell me days later that it is on back order.
Now something new: Shipping - give reasonable priced options. I hate paying $10 handling plus the UPS (or FedEX) price when it can be shipped using the $5 USPS flat rate 2 day box and it would get to me quicker. Plus give reasonable pricing for next day or 2 day shipping. I can't tell you how many times something comes up 2 days before an event and the next day shipping on a $25 part is $50 because the shop goes only through UPS.
RansomT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

1. Price
2. Customer service
3. Follow up on online purchase i.e. tracking number when item ships or whatever
4. Good quality products

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

History
2012 Black S1000RR with all the goodies
2009 Buell 1125CR "Bertha" - A lot of problems, great bike
2007 Kawasaki ZX-10R - My first liter bike
2005 Kawasaki ZX-636 - Awesome looks, great handling
2007 Kawasaki EX-250 - The funnest bike under 75MPH
2000 Honda Shadow 500 - Reliable and rust proof, first bike
guambra2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Free shipping
Availability
After sales customer service
Also try and support site sponsors
Will pay a little xtra if needed to support sponsor.
Also on Gixxer forum I had a sponsor offer another member a map but when I asked he said no . He lost a few thousands in sales from me .
I don't really care if the sales guy knows the product. I do all the research before hand and know what I want.
Many many times you see a great price on something then get to the checkout and shipping is crazy high ! Will not usually even mess with site if it doesn't have free shipping anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Last edited by luker669; 11-06-2012 at 09:37 PM.
luker669 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Great Feedback

Great Prices, Fast WORLD WIDE Shipping, Large Inventory and Excellent Customer service.
Follow us on TWITTER & Facebook to get Exclusive SMOKIN' Deals

Celebrating our 15th year in business.
HardRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

communication, communication, and communication. I'll pay a little more if I know I can get something fast and am updated every step of the way.

having something in stock is honestly a factor as well.

I'd say an additional factor is a vendor's willingness to accomodate special or custom requests. If a vendor goes the extra mile for me, they have my business in the future, even if someone else is selling for a little cheaper.
2000 Ducati ST4 (sold)
2010 S1000RR (sold)
2007 F800S (sold)
kismetcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

Default Website ecommerce

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRacing View Post

We have to agree.

Pretty much every dealer wishes they had "LIVE INVENTORY" on their website. So the second they sell out of a product, the website is alerted and updated to show.. "NOT IN STOCK" and can also have the ability to update itself when the product comes back in stock.

Unfortunately, unless you have deep pockets like Walmart, it's not
an option.

I don't mean to rock the boat here, but I have to disagree with above statement.

I am now manufacturing billet products for the S1000RR. These will be sold online by our website which is currently under developement. Our site WILL have live inventory management like you mention in the above quote. In addition to inventory management, we plan on selling many parts with free shipping, but some packages and or destinations will have to include shipping charges. The website has real time integration with UPS. As a customer places his/her order and enters their address, the zip code field is captured and processed in real time by UPS. The shipping charges are calculated on the spot and show up in the pricing. This includes international destinations such as Canada.

The website will have many other features that benefit the customer as well. Our website is schedule to go live in 10 weeks, and I'm confident in that schedule being met.
teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Sponsor/Admin

Garage

I always laugh when I see "free shipping". Seriously folks - it's NOT free! It's like States w/out State income tax... they get you somewhere. Shipping is the same way... it's either buried in the pricing structure to cover all overheads (incl. shipping) or it's broken out separately... but it ain't free
#1 Plate/Champion - 2013 SMRI

SMRI #1, WMRRA #112x, USBA #715, AMA #715

HUGE Thanks to my Race Sponsors!!

Riders Discount**PMtec, Inc**Schuberth Helmets**DUNLOP**DrippinWet**Brentwood Barber Shop**MOTUL**MRRF-Road Racing Forum**Leatt Neck Protection**Knecht Automotive

Motorcycle Racing - Because basketball, baseball, football, and golf only require one ball!
1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
I don't mean to rock the boat here, but I have to disagree with above statement.

I am now manufacturing billet products for the S1000RR. These will be sold online by our website which is currently under developement. Our site WILL have live inventory management like you mention in the above quote. In addition to inventory management, we plan on selling many parts with free shipping, but some packages and or destinations will have to include shipping charges. The website has real time integration with UPS. As a customer places his/her order and enters their address, the zip code field is captured and processed in real time by UPS. The shipping charges are calculated on the spot and show up in the pricing. This includes international destinations such as Canada.

The website will have many other features that benefit the customer as well. Our website is schedule to go live in 10 weeks, and I'm confident in that schedule being met.

If you can pull off a "REAL TIME" LIVE Inventory, that not only immediately updates the website when you sell out of the product, but ALSO updates the website as soon as the product comes back in stock.
And it can do this for over 300,000 + Different Part numbers....
And you can do it for a very low cost....

Then you my friend will be a very rich man.

Great Prices, Fast WORLD WIDE Shipping, Large Inventory and Excellent Customer service.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000RR View Post
I always laugh when I see "free shipping". Seriously folks - it's NOT free! It's like States w/out State income tax... they get you somewhere. Shipping is the same way... it's either buried in the pricing structure to cover all overheads (incl. shipping) or it's broken out separately... but it ain't free

Very True.

or a lot of times, the "FREE Shipping" is slowest method possible. Like Postal Snail Mail. "Gets there when it gets there.."

Could be 1 week, could be 2 weeks. But, since you didn't pay for shipping you don't have a lot of room to complain.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRacing View Post

If you can pull off a "REAL TIME" LIVE Inventory, that not only immediately updates the website when you sell out of the product, but ALSO updates the website as soon as the product comes back in stock.
And it can do this for over 300,000 + Different Part numbers....
And you can do it for a very low cost....

Then you my friend will be a very rich man.

It does do this! However, 300,000 items has never been discussed. This will be a very focused product offering with total item listings no where near this number. As the catalog of parts is just a database, quantity in this range would dictate a very robust database, but the capabilities would still function as stated. Are you referring to items that you don't ever stock but rely on drop shipping from others? If that's the case, then I fully agree with your original statement.

There are many different ecommerce platforms available, with each having its strengths and weaknesses.
teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement