Worst Dealership!!! - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Worst Dealership!!!

I don't usually like to complain but I feel that it is important for everyone to know how bad Adventure BMW in Virginia is.

I brought my bike in for them to replace my left controls(no high beam, left signal, hazards, or trip computer) along with the little spring for the clutch both of which are under warranty. While the bike is there they ask me if I want them to do the 18k service because I'm and 20k.(I waited because I was going to take it to the dealer I bought the bike from) I asked "how long will it be" they said "3 days max" so I said yes. 3 days go by then they call and tell me it will be about 3 weeks because they have to order the tool to change the fork fluid from Germany. I think WTF you should have it the bike has been out for 3 years now. its okay though whatever.......I get the bike back and both of the tops of the forks are scratched in a circular pattern. The tech says he put tape on the socket so it shouldn't oh happened. I say okay fine what are you going to do for me? I decided I'd take some nice winter gloves that they sell for $180. Now this weekend I find the the valve cover gasket is leaking!!!!!!!!!!!

What would you guys do? I haven't talked to them because the dealers are all closed on Monday.

Also know that BMW NA can't really do much because all the dealers are franchise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd definitely call them Tuesday and tell them they need to make it right.

I'd also call BMW NA just to file a complaint even though not much will come of it.
moman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Morton's in Fredricksburg, VA is great, nice people, good support, have people who know what they are doing.

Bob's in Maryland is also a nice and friendly dealership, but it's a bit farther away if you live in Southeast VA. Bob's is great to order parts from, they are very fast and have a large stock of both new and used parts. I was able to get two coils for my R100CS when they were no longer available in Germany.
Ps#37-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

That sounds like a real problem. As an experienced customer who had bad service, I know what to do. Make sure the problem is well documented. Sometimes procedure isn't followed and audits don't happen. Learn how to make phone calls and write letters. Linkedin is a great resource for company structure. Yes, I'm evil. But I know how to clean up a company free of charge.
dattaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps#37-4 View Post
Morton's in Fredricksburg, VA is great, nice people, good support, have people who know what they are doing.
+1000

I take my bikes there for service even though it is a 120 mile round trip.
Dr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rate Your Dealer(s)!
...unless there is another such thread I would like to make this the thread for all of us to rate our dealers. I propose we name the dealer and whether or not you would buy from them again or get service done there again.
For example:
XYZ BMW of Timbuktu....sales (+ or -), service (+ or -)

You may wish to leave a detailed account but don't think it necessary. However, we should refrain from petty complaints and ask ourselves if we may have contributed to the poor experience and moderate our ratings accordingly. I am using the standard of whether or not the majority of customers would have found the experience in question acceptable. What do you guys think? We have to look out for each other.
OK...I will try to keep updating and adding to the following list as per your posts (based on posts in this thread or personal messages). Thanks

..:...DEALER.................. SALES..........SERVICE

Adventure BMW/Virginia...........unrated...........1 neg./0 pos.
Bob's in Maryland................... .unrated............0 neg. /1 pos.
BMW of Denver........................ 0 neg./1 pos.....0 neg./2 pos.
BMW Las Vegas........................unrated...........1 neg./0 pos.
BMW Zentorum/Kaiserslaturn...0 neg./1 pos....0 neg./3 pos.
BMW Manhattan.......................1 neg./1 pos....0 neg./1 pos.
BMW San Diego........................0 neg./3 pos.....unrated
BMW Toronto............................6 neg./3 pos....5 neg./0 pos.
Buds BMW in Oakville...............unrated............0 neg./3 pos.
Capitol BMW (Raleigh)................1 neg./1 pos...0 neg./1 pos.
Chester Motorrad(UK)..............0 neg./1 pos.....0 neg./1 pos.
Escondido.................................unrated. ...........0 neg./1 pos.
Falcone (Indianapolis).................unrated............ 0 neg./1 pos.
Foothill BMW/Colorado.............1 neg./0 pos........unrated
Hillsdale (Columbus, Ohio).........0 neg./1 pos........unrated
Morton's/Fredericksbug............unrated...........0 neg./3 pos.
Ozzie's (Chico, Calif.)...............0 neg./1 pos.... 0 neg./3 pos.
Pike's Peak (Colorado)..............unrated..........1 neg./0 pos.
Ride West (Seattle)..................0 neg./1 pos....0 neg./1 pos.
Serpa BMW (Newmarket).........2 neg./0 pos.....0 neg./1 pos.
SouthSoundBMW(Tacoma)...... 0 neg./1 pos....0 neg./1 pos.

Last edited by HP4me; 05-08-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: update
HP4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

I specifically asked my sales person if they use the bar end straps cus I didn't want them damaged. She said oh no blah blah. Sure enough shows up with the straps on my bars. Paint is scuffed. An the rad shroud was installed with the one side not in its hole. I giv em an 8 out of 10 haha. The scuffs I can live with. I just worry to take it there again of course.

Last edited by Dflip; 04-25-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Dflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

I would have to agree with Morton's dealership in Fredricksburg, VA. While visiting a relative in VA my kickstand came loose. It actually was 99% off when I arrived at the dealership. The technician team and Bob got me in and out in less than 45mins. This made my VA experience great. I would give the service department three thumbs up if I had a third thumb.

BMW of Manhattan service department also provide great customer service. Rodney and the guys are cool but they will try to squeeze every dollar out of you - I know it's a stealership.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
ariwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

" I specifically asked my sales person if they use the bar end straps cus I didn't want them damaged. She said oh no blah blah. Sure enough shows up with the straps on my bars. Paint is scuffed. An the rad shroud was installed with the one side not in its hole. I giv em an 8 out of 10 haha."

Didn't see the name of the dealer...or is there only one in your area (thus making it obvious). 8/10 for a damaged bike you are a forgiving person. I would give then a big negative on sales and service would be suspect due to poor pre-delivery inspection (which you pay for in your purchase price).

Last edited by HP4me; 04-25-2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: did not include quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP4me View Post
Hello my brothers(and sisters?)...unless there is another such thread I would like to make this the thread for all of us to rate our dealers. I propose we name the dealer and whether or not you would buy from them again or get service done there again.
For example:
XYZ BMW of Timbuktu....sales (+ or -), service (+ or -)

You may wish to leave a detailed account but don't think it necessary. However, we should refrain from petty complaints and ask ourselves if we may have contributed to the poor experience and moderate our ratings accordingly. I am using the standard of whether or not the majority of customers would have found the experience in queFCCstion acceptable. I will be posting my entry at the conclusion of my current interaction with my dealership. What do you guys think? We have to look out for each other.
OK...I will try to keep updating and adding to the following list as per your posts (based on posts in this thread or personal messages). Thank

..:...DEALER........SALES...............SERVICE.
Adventure BMW/Virginia.....unrated......1neg./0pos.
Morton's/Fredericksbug...unrated.....0neg./3pos.
BMW Toronto....................6neg./1pos.....5neg./0pos.
Buds BMW in Oakville.........unrated......0neg./3pos.
Serpa BMW (Toronto).........unrated......0neg./1pos.
BMW Manhattan.................unrated......0neg./1pos.
Bob's in Maryland...............unrated......0neg. /1pos.
Updated and cleaned up (?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement