Sargent Seat Discounted for my '13 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sargent Seat Discounted for my '13

I ordered the black/black non-heated seat from Sargent for $319 off their web page last night. This morning I was met with an email receipt with a 20% discount (code was something like FallFrenzyWeek1) and their baseball cap thrown in. Nice boost for a Monday am.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Mfisher702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Surprised to get my Sargent package today. 5 days since ordering. Looks great. Took 2 minutes to install. Test drive is imminent.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Looks nice and that's a pretty good deal wonder if it works for the 09-11 seat.

radupanait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't know what their FallFrenzy discount scheme applies to. They figured it into my order without me knowing or asking.

I read their 2-3 week time to fill the order warning so I tried to just forget about the seat. Figured they might be building these seats upon demand.

Good surprise for this weekend.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

right on thanks for the info. I just ordered up my seat with heat. 395 shipped. they said 2 weeks because they don't have any in stock.

Last edited by Rated-RR; 11-09-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: wrong price
Rated-RR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wow. Riding difference is significant. Big improvement for me. This seat has a perfectly shaped place that my butt just drops into. I'm 6'2" and 180.

This keeps my nuts about 2 inches back off the tank without any effort now. Right where I wanted to be but it took some effort (thighs and knees) before. By being a couple inches further back by default, the reach is that much longer to the bars. This doesn't bother me much because it feels more comfortable with my butt securely set in the seat (I'm not pushing back off the bars to stay in place anymore) and I have Helibars on my diningroom table...install in a few days.

You can actively slide up to the tank or push back for a full tuck but the neutral default is just right on....like a gentle, natural detent. Because the seat is a little wider than stock, the seat height feels higher when stopped / feet on the ground. It isn't higher but your thighs can't angle down quite as much so you have more distance from your feet. I am just barely able to be flat footed at a stop now.

Turns / hanging off has slightly more resistance but it's minor. Feels really secure.

Dig the materials and workmanship.

I can't imagine backing up out of this mod. Best money spent so far.

Last edited by Mfisher702; 11-10-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement