??? ROCKING the TUNES While Riding ??? - Page 5 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moman View Post
With my Zumo GPS and Scala Cardo 9 I'm always listening to something. Just wish I didn't have to use the damn cord to listen to XM radio

Wearing custom fit earplugs drowns out all the wind, road and bike noise but lets the music, horns and sirens come through.
I always ride with an iPod classic or my iPhone. I love streaming pandora but it breaks up in the mountains. I prefer mellow music in the mtns and anything for short trips or highway use. I use earbuds that have a volume control switch built in and at a reasonable level. Cords suck they get snagged and some times i have to search for the inline volume control Ive been thinking abt getting a cardo g9 set. Hand signals get old on both short and long rides. I have no desire to talk on the phone but having the ability to chat with friends or passengers plus the option of syncing it with a gps sounds great. Does anyone know if you can buy extra mounts for the g9. I have more than one helmet and id like to have a few exta incase a friend doesnt have a cardo. I'm open to other brands but I'd prefer to stick with my full face shoei'
Rubber side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #42 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I suppose I could, we have a few nanos and ipods around the house, I've just never found the need. Call me strange if necessary, but that's the truth. Less is more as far as distractions are concerned.
skapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #43 (permalink)

Tunes on the highway, usually not in town. And definitely not on roads I'm not familiar with.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRacing View Post

This weekend, a bunch of us are are going for a ride in the mountains.
Some of our Local guys came by our shop last night to pick up some Chatterbox Bluetooth Intercomís, mainly so they could listen to their MP3ís while they ride..

We know a lot of guys like to listen to tuneís while they ride.

Most of us here at the shop prefer to be able to hear whatís going on around us so we chose not to listen to music.

Just wondering What you guys think ?

Do you rock the tunes while you ride, or no. ?

Always have always will .....
John Dillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #45 (permalink)

Always, if I've got battery. I'm also using the Sena SMH10 and it works wonderfully.
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #46 (permalink)

Garage

Always, I feel more comfortable with tunes in the background.

I can still hear everything around me, and it makes the wind noise much more bearable.
PistolPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
Always, if I've got battery. I'm also using the Sena SMH10 and it works wonderfully.
That's what I have too and love it. The sound is clear and loud.
FrankoQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #48 (permalink)

Default ??? ROCKING the TUNES While Riding ???

Either tunes or earplugs especially on long rides. Feel fresher when I get to the good parts or the end of the road.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Litig8r15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #49 (permalink)

After I bought the bluetooth integrated Shubereth, I don't know how I did it for the last 20 years without tunes!! I love being able to make a playlist for the ride.

-Eddie
2013 Mercedes-Benz G550
2011 Mercedes-Benz SL550
EBruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM   #50 (permalink)
1RR

Always have music going. I absolutely love riding, whether it be to the store or a long trip. The day I added my music I fell even more in love with getting on the bike.

I keep my iPod in the breast pocket inside my jacket. The slack from the cable is just hanging inside my jacket so there really isn't anything for it to get snagged on. My biggest issue was finding ear buds that fit flush inside my ear and worked with my Arai.

I ONLY always use 1 ear bud though. I feel too detached from the road with both in, so I just use one. It's a good balance of still maintaining my situational awareness, along with really enjoying my music.
K-Town, Germany!
1RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement