??? ROCKING the TUNES While Riding ??? - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #31 (permalink)
AK1

90% of the times rocking the tunes via chatterbox x1 slim and actually also wearing ear plugs to minimize ear damage due to wind noise.

Here's a good article why most people should wear ear plugs...

http://www.freehearingtest.com/hia_m...clefacts.shtml

Last edited by AK1; 09-14-2012 at 11:11 AM.
AK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indixon View Post
Never tried it, but have been considering it. My biggest concern is that they will be too much of a distraction and driving in NJ/NY the last thing you need is a distraction! So, I think I just convinced myself that I won't.
You can't legally use earbud styles while riding in NYS, so if you ever try it, stick with in-helmet designs. At anything less than ear-splitting volume, I'd bet you would find it a lot less distracting than you think.

I don't listen to music riding my S1000RR, but often do while on the cruiser..
LiterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCoolJew View Post
Most of my riding is to and from work, about 50 miles round trip. To help pass the time I like to listen to music (mainly Punk) I used to wear earbuds, but I felt to insulated from the world around me, also dealing with the cord is a pain in the ass. As well, my wife is pregnant so I wanted to be able to receive phone calls while I am riding. I switched to using the UClear bluetooth communicator with the boomless microphones... They are really impressive. The music is clear and when I am on the phone, which I try to keep to a minimum, the people I'm talking to have no idea that I am riding.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
+1 on UCLEAR HBC100 - Bluetooth to phone for all media and calls, can converse with my 11yr old daughter when taking her for a ride, not overly loud so doesn't drown out the surrounding noises... usually listen to music when on longer open stretches we have here in SETX - everyone tells me the phone sounds clearer through helmet than the phone itself; plus no boom to boot.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #34 (permalink)

Never. If I use anything, its earplugs to cut down on noise fatigue and thats it. I want to hear exactly what my bike is doing if possible, and listen for traffic when in town. Cant tell ya how many times Ive heard screeching tires only to notice that its coming from behind me!
PrestonIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

With my Zumo GPS and Scala Cardo 9 I'm always listening to something. Just wish I didn't have to use the damn cord to listen to XM radio

Wearing custom fit earplugs drowns out all the wind, road and bike noise but lets the music, horns and sirens come through.
moman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonIV View Post
Cant tell ya how many times Ive heard screeching tires only to notice that its coming from behind me!
Like has been said, I've just never found that hearing it and identifying it is enough time to do anything about it. Proper lane placement at stops is the only way to prevent/lessen the impact in my opinion.

But I do respect your choice to not ride with music. To each their own.
2005 ZX10R
2002 Aprilia Mille
2007 CBR600RR (the gf's)
MilleR Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #37 (permalink)

Since I bought a Schuberth C3 helmet with integrated Blue Tooth, I cant stand to ride anywhere without tunes. And taking incoming calls is a bonus also!

Schuberth makes the quietest most comfortable helmet you could put on your head. With Bluetooth it is a bit north of $1000.00 out the door, but worth every penny. They are BMW's recommended helmet.

-Eddie
2013 Mercedes-Benz G550
2011 Mercedes-Benz SL550
EBruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #38 (permalink)

Only when I a casually riding. No playing around.
ibb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #39 (permalink)

the music is so much quieter than the screaming bike you're riding, listening to music doesn't cut down on your situation awareness at all imo you can stear hear everything going on. I always use the style of ear bud that doesn't plug the ear canal that way ambient noise can still get through easily.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #40 (permalink)

Garage

Nope, I just use earplugs to try and cut some of the wind noise out. And I also use ear plugs on track days. I find that I go faster if the engine is not screaming in my ear....lol.
Arrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement