BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Lightech Chain Adjusters - Use Washer?

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  bmwian 
#1 ·
With the Lightech Chain Adjusters do you use both the original washer and axle nut, or just the axle nut?

#4 · (Edited)
There's another thread about this, but the nut that Lightech sells for the bike- that goes with the chain adjusters- is a flange type (built-in washer, which I own). I use the OEM nut/washer on mine to not only prevent damage but spread the load a little better on such a critical part.

Someone complained that you can't see the markings with it, but it has to be loosened to be adjusted anyway so it makes no difference. I posted a pic in that other thread.

#5 ·
I use the OEM nut and washer also.

I take my rear off so often I did not want the nut scratching on the lightech adjuster that it will cause moving a raw 6 pointed nut often off and on.

There is enough thread on the axle poking out of the nut to be considered locked in place. I torque it anyhow so it is not going anywhere and so far that is 6k miles and about 15 rear wheels on and off.

#12 ·
^ Holy $hit you spent 4k+ on a set of tools.

Pro Ti has Ti nuts as well, costs a bit more than pro bolt.

I just got Pro Ti nuts and bolts for all rotating mass (rotor and ABS bolts front & rear, rear sprocket nuts). I passed on axle nut because it's not a rotating mass. Would rather spend the money on functional mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.