BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2016 Cracked Radiator Mount

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Nakawack 
#1 ·
Good evening All,
I recently bought a new 2016 S1KRR and decided to remove the plastics in an effort to gain familiarity with the bike and install some radiator/oil cooler guards. Upon removing the plastics I noticed the mounting point for the left side of the radiator was cracked from which I am guessing was due to it being over torqued from the factory. I only rode the bike once for 21 miles so I cannot imagine any other way that it could have cracked. Just wanted to share in case some one else may have the same issue. May be worth a look next time your plastics are off and I hope yours are good to go! Have a good weekend!

Cheers,
Nak

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry for your misfortune.

Either my "old man's" 6" droid phone's display sucks, or the resolution from your photo device does. (Can't see sh%t!)

Stay calm, and contact your delivery dealer, and explain your situation. In my personal experience, it pays huge dividends in realizing appropriate resolution.

As Forrest Gump said "It happens".

0:)

#3 ·
Exactly right! The dealer was amazing and immediately said it was a warranty item that would be taken care of. In fact, they and BMW Roadside Assistance have been amazing. They came to my house, picked up the bike and took it to the dealership. Perhaps maybe this is not a big deal in most cases, but I live almost 200 miles away and they made it happen without a second thought the very next day. European Cycle Sports in Plano Texas is a very classy organization who understands the lost art of customer service for sure. Great product, great service, but most of all phenomenal people!

#5 ·
Just curious you used BMW Roadside Assistance the dealer didn't come pick it up?

I've been lucky never had to use roadside assistance before so they didn't question if the bike could be ridden?

And no out of pocket cost at all for them bringing it 200 miles to the dealer?

#6 ·
Hi Bruce,
That is 100% accurate; I did not pay a single penny out of pocket. They asked me what the situation was and I explained to them what was going on...viola! I also expressed to them that the dealership recommended that I call them to facilitate the transport. Another benefit was that I got to choose the carrier, and utilized Cyclone Motorcycle Rescue Transport and Towing. They are a great company and only transport in enclosed trailers. This company was very impressive as well. The trailer they have is amazing and they took the utmost care in loading my bike. First time I have ever had someone treat my bike as I do. They even had a camera in the trailer for security purposes and the monitor the load while in transit. The entire process was wicked easy!

Cheers,
Nak

Reactions: BruceV
#8 ·
Hi Bruce,
I was contacted by the first carrier and denied them based on the means they proposed to use. This is largely what drove me to pursue the option I eventually went with. Additionally, I was notified today that BMW approved the replacement of my radiator and it is on its way from Germany as we speak. European Cycle Sports is top-notch in my book and know how to take care of customers!
:wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.