BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Race Fairing with LED lights?

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Evo-L 
#1 ·
Has anyone come up with a good solution for using a race fairing on the street with temporary LED lights that you can unplug for the track?

#4 ·
I've seen track fairings with headlight cutouts. Just bolt them on, but you'd still have to tape up the lights for track. Any aftermarket "headlight" would have to meet vehicle regulations (technically) so I see it as a risk if you use something other than a real headlight for that purpose. Check some of the posts by yangins he went that way a few years ago.

#6 ·
I have a set of pro fiber track fairings and went slowly with a dremel to cut one headlight out. This way if I come back from a track weekend I don't have to rush back to street fairings right away. Just go slowly and take your time, I started with a cut in the middle of where headlamp is. Then put fairings back in place, made some trace marks, went back at it with dremel. Back and forth until the headlight was fully cleared. You will still need to tape up for track purposes, but it's nice to have.

I switch the tail back to Oem fairings right away because it easy and that way you get taillight/rear signals. I also did not bother with front signals, so if track fairings r on and I hit turn signal switch, a lamp error will stay on the dash.

Attachments

#7 ·
Also to note if your more serious track day guy, the option to put aftermarket headlights is much better. If you were to crash with Oem headlights still installed, there's a good chance you can kiss them goodbye.

I'm recreational/intermediate level so it's all good in my book.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.