BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Arrow competition evo on the 15

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Fenrir 
#1 ·
i hear it can burn holes on the left side of the fairing, does anyone have this problem? how can you fix it? heat shield and wraps huh

#4 ·
Comp exhaust is for track fairings and has nothing to do with street fitment.
Use alu heat protection on the inside of the fairing and the absolute minimum of heatwrap possible. Not more than one layer and as short a distance as possible. Use lock wire to retain the wrap.

The only exhaust that works with OEM fairings is Akrapovis designed for The bike. This should be pretty obvious.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
Bump!

Does anyone else on here have this exhaust? Does it really burn the fairing?

I know someone said it's designed for race fairings, but all the pics used by retailers are with the bike in standard fairings and nowhere does it say that it's for race fairings only.

#12 ·
Well I e-mailed Arrow directly to ask them about the issue with the OEM fairings getting burnt, here's the reply I got...

Good morning,

as you can see from the pictures we loaded in our website (Arrow - BMW S 1000 RR 2015 - this is the link for the S1000RR 2015/2016) we fitted the low-mount Competition System (part numbers are: 71142CKZ for full titanium version and 71141CKZ for the version with headers in stainless steel) on OEM bodywork. Providing that pipes are fitted correctly, we found no issues with OEM bodywork or with other components: maybe the confusing information you have found on the web relates to the fact that in the biggest portion of races you need to fit a properly designed lower bellypan, making it possible to avoid spills of lubricant or cooling liquids from the radiator in case of engine problems an that’s why they need to fit a racing bodywork.

Best regards

Raffaele Rosi - Uff. Tecnico / Technical Dept.
So as far as they're concerned there shouldn't be an issue.

#13 ·
Has anyone recently had this problem? If so, what was your solution? I'm looking for an exhaust system and I like the way this one looks. I own a 2016 S1000rr and would still like to get the Arrow Competition Evo system for it. Also from what I've read online I need a power commander, is there anything else I would need? Really do not want to damage anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.