Tank & Tail bags for 2012 S1000RR - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

I actually bought the BMW rear bag when I bought the bike, did a couple of trips and like eveyone it drove me mad as it was always comming forward, plus the fact that it never really seemed to hold much. I ended up buying the Bags Connection Rear bag [URL="http://http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/5308/340/"]

I ended so impressed that I've since bought their saddle bags plus a larger expandable rear bag. Recently did a 6 day trip and the bags never moved and easy to put on and take off.

Just my thoughts.

Simon.
VIP BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

I've yet to test this, but I had just gotten an idea for trying to help keep the tail bag from creeping forward.

- fuzzy velcro strip cemented or sewn into the pillion seat grab loop
- rough velcro strip cemented onto the bag

If the velcro holds, then that extra resistance from the bag being velcro'ed on ought to keep the bag from creeping.

I had developed on odd habit when touring on my 2010 - every once in a while, I'd scoot back and push the bag back into place with my butt :P
2000 Ducati ST4 (sold)
2010 S1000RR (sold)
2007 F800S (sold)
kismetcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

I can highly recommend the Ventura System for the S1000RR, I've done two trips to Europe and a trip to Scotland, no problems at all, at any speed :-)
Truered10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to HOG SLYR Send a message via Skype™ to HOG SLYR

I have the BMW tail bag that I have used on a few 200 mile days and as much as 800 miles in a day with twisties, high speeds and bumpy roads and I've never seen that bag move and I have never had to readjust a strap. It's been perfect for me.

Also like Bitter below my straps go to the sub frame as I have no rear pegs.

Last edited by HOG SLYR; 08-03-2012 at 11:26 AM.
HOG SLYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
I've yet to test this, but I had just gotten an idea for trying to help keep the tail bag from creeping forward.

- fuzzy velcro strip cemented or sewn into the pillion seat grab loop
- rough velcro strip cemented onto the bag

If the velcro holds, then that extra resistance from the bag being velcro'ed on ought to keep the bag from creeping.

I had developed on odd habit when touring on my 2010 - every once in a while, I'd scoot back and push the bag back into place with my butt :P
Put some of this down between the bag and the seat

UNIVERSAL-UNTERLAGE SCHW. - Louis - Motorrad & Freizeit

It's super grippy and fills in the gaps nicely.
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

I just ordered the bags-connection kit. SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System BMW S1000RR, '12- - HTA.07.740.10300 : TwistedThrottle.com

I am a little worried that those little mounts will annoy me when I am not using the bags, but hopefully they blend in well.

I also think I want another Bags-connection bag to put on top of the seat, that I can strap to the saddlebag rails. I really like the idea of stability and not having straps rub on the bodywork.
ClrCreekRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Not sure what year OEM tail bag I have for my 12, but have had it since April. I used it this weekend for a long trip to Motogp and had a very fast twisty ride there with no movement issues. I do have a Rizoma tail tidy with a slot in it that I ran the bags rear strap though. I tied the bags front straps to the sub frame and not the loop that passagers pegs are on. I think your movement issues are due to where you tie the bag off to. I had three days of clothes, running shoes and running clothes, and 10 travel size bottles. Had enough room to bring home two extra hats and an under suit for my leathers...
Britter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClrCreekRdr View Post
I just ordered the bags-connection kit. SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System BMW S1000RR, '12- - HTA.07.740.10300 : TwistedThrottle.com

I am a little worried that those little mounts will annoy me when I am not using the bags, but hopefully they blend in well.

I also think I want another Bags-connection bag to put on top of the seat, that I can strap to the saddlebag rails. I really like the idea of stability and not having straps rub on the bodywork.
You'll love the saddlebags. A little fiddly to setup initially but from then on they are a breeze. In fact I actually take the brackets off if I'm not using then for a while as it's only 4 bolts.

Cheers,
Simon.
VIP BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

What I'm trying to find is a nice small tailbag (around 2-3 litres I guess?), that I can use when I go playing through the twisties for a day...
Just enough for wallet, smokes, Iphone, extra gloves, neck warmer, and a few small bits and pieces.

I'd like it to be detachable for security reasons - take it with me when I park the bike someplace.

I have the smallest ventura bag but the S1000 rear seat is so small and odly shaped that the secure base is too big, and the bag would hang all over the bodywork and wear through it, scratch it up, etc.

I can't believe that for a sportsbike. all BMW has come up with is the HUGE tail pack, and not a small one for day tripping.. eurgh!
jgm-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm-57 View Post
What I'm trying to find is a nice small tailbag (around 2-3 litres I guess?), that I can use when I go playing through the twisties for a day...
Just enough for wallet, smokes, Iphone, extra gloves, neck warmer, and a few small bits and pieces.

I'd like it to be detachable for security reasons - take it with me when I park the bike someplace.

I have the smallest ventura bag but the S1000 rear seat is so small and odly shaped that the secure base is too big, and the bag would hang all over the bodywork and wear through it, scratch it up, etc.

I can't believe that for a sportsbike. all BMW has come up with is the HUGE tail pack, and not a small one for day tripping.. eurgh!
Have you looked at the Rapid Transit Recon 4 Mid-Pak? I have one and like it.
doubletap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement