Motomfg stand, has anyone used one? - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Motomfg stand, has anyone used one?

I was wondering if anyone has used or owns one of these stands for the S1000RR. What attaches to the bike? Does it or can it potentially scratch or damage any thing on the bike. Is it good for long term winter storage? Durability, I would hate to bump it wrong and have it fall off.

MotoMfg paddock stand BMW
Motorcycle Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

For me they are just far too pricey for what they do. Definitely a neat product though.
Tejasmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

$340 without wheels and $110 if you want wheels. The wheels seem pricy but just a good pit bull is what $300 per end?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd

I've got a set of T-Rex stands...$110 for both front and rear...now while the quality may not be of Pit bull, but I'll say I've had my S1k on/off of them everyday since November, and my R6 since 08...

They're legit stands

Sent from my LG Spectrum while somewhere aside from a computer :flex:
jwxfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Joe View Post
$340 without wheels and $110 if you want wheels. The wheels seem pricy but just a good pit bull is what $300 per end?
My bad I was thinking about the Bursig stand. Yea thats not terrible but you can get front and rear Pitbull stands for $300 and like others have mentioned Vortex and T-Rex (albeit an inferior product in comparison but still gets the job done) sets for half of that price.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxfd View Post
I've got a set of T-Rex stands...$110 for both front and rear...now while the quality may not be of Pit bull, but I'll say I've had my S1k on/off of them everyday since November, and my R6 since 08...

They're legit stands

Sent from my LG Spectrum while somewhere aside from a computer :flex:
I have a set as well, better yet they were free. I still like my PitBull stuff better but they are worthy enough of holding my S1K from time to time.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Garage

That sure is a nice Blue! I like the idea of this stand for removing the front and rear tire and working on the forks and suspension. Also as a bonus storing the bike during the long ass winters here (5 months or so), can just wheel it into a small space and make room for the snowblower.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have a motomfg stand it works great, now. I had my bike on it all winter, it won't fall off, it uses a pin to secure it. With the bikes weight on it you'd really have to jerk on the pin to remove it, my kids have been bench racing on it like crazy! Lol I had major problems with the plate that goes into your frame. The lower frame pin had to be offset in order for it to lift both ends equally. Its adjustable but when i adjusted it til the bike was level it would bind in the frame and the stand would be impossible to remove.I threw the one away that came with it.went to my shop and made my own. Works perfect now.
ProcrastiNATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

If you want a wheeled alternative that is much cheaper -- I have a set of Redline Swivel stands and I love them in the garage! Roll your bike around, spin it around, they are great. Very solid with lockdown on the casters.

They are on clearance right now, though I hope that doesn't mean they're going to stop making them:
CLEARANCE - Redline Swivel Stand Package
2010 S1000RR race, WMRRA #840
2008 K1200GT
1997 F650
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to RocklandS1000

I am looking at both options...Redline and Moto...besides the obvious difference of price, it appears that maintenance and cleaning would be easier with the Moto stand no?

Just purchased a '13 S1K and would like to purchase a stand that also gives me the ability to move the bike around in the garage easily.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
RocklandS1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement