BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Best camera angle

8K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  DrIoannis 
#1 ·
Thinking if picking up a camera GoPro(track/trips etc) most guys mount on the gas tank. I have a tinted wind screen . So any suggestions where is the best place to mount , so it be most interesting to watch later on the tube?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#5 ·
Front would be cool , but from what my friends are saying , that once you put GoPro suction cups/mounts its almost impossible to take off with out damaging the paint

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#12 ·
that whole video was basically shot with it. plus the wheelies and stoppies you didnt see.

i also use it on my 450x in 20 degree weather where the number shroud should be adn on the rear fender...lots of speed and bumps on the ice/snow and it doesn't fall off

so, yes, i trust it completely

#17 ·
No but it gives me an idea.... I bolt my cam to my mirror when I have then on. Bet o could attach a ram mount to the mirror mounts with the mirrors off. Hummm

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Motorcycle App

#19 · (Edited)
I've tried 6+ different ways with the GoPro suction mount on the tank and can't get usable footage. Too shaky. Even tried a rubber band harness to stabilize it better. Didn't help. I really like the dash in the lower frame but the vibrations are killing me. Today was the last attempt. Another waste of time.

Now I've decided the stickies ARE removable (YouTube hair dryer instructions) so I just put one on my helmet and one on the fairing low left.

Tomorrow we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#20 ·
I have the GO PRO 3 and I have been using the stickie mount. Try putting the stickie below where your mirror attaches to the fairing on either the left or right side. Very stable video

#24 · (Edited)
I have the DRIFT action cam and are loving it. I am going to get a second one so that I can have two angles at the same time. Here are some pic's taken from the video to give you some ideas of angles.

What I want to end up with the two camera's is like the pic of the guy on the Ducati,,,looks really cool.

Attachments

#26 ·
here's a video I took from a helmet-mounted Contour - not the greatest but not that bad. I think the best place on the S1000RR is on a RAM mount on the triple tree - need to get one of those!

S1000RR 160mph to zero - YouTube

#29 ·
The front is cool. If yhou can get it on the fr fender it'll make a 30mph corner look like 80 ;)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Motorcycle.com Free App

#34 · (Edited)
cam mounts......TT course

i use a drift hd 170.....the one film i twisted my mirror and insulation taped the cam too it ( just a experiment but lookt well ) youtube links just a few video,s

Early Sunday.... Isle of Man TT 2012.avi - YouTube

This one is from a cam mount on my pillions helmet......

AJ,Z FIRST AND LAST TIME....avi - YouTube

this one is mounted on rear foot peg,,,,,

WEDNESDAY EVENING OVER THE MOUNTAIN BMW S1000RR - YouTube

This one is mounted on a suction cup on the lower part on my 98 r1 during tt 2012...

TT-2012....MY YAMAHA R1 4XV ON TAP - YouTube

A normal drift camera taped to the rear seat facing backwards,,,,,

http://youtu.be/9rXT8UnWHOA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.