Best camera angle - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW S1000RR General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
little late, but this is with the suction on the front fairing and tail fairing, along with the sticky on the tank cover. you canNOT beat the footage of a gopro

Chris 'Teach' McNeil BMW S1000RR on board at Infineon Raceway - YouTube
So you trust suction cups?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

that whole video was basically shot with it. plus the wheelies and stoppies you didnt see.

i also use it on my 450x in 20 degree weather where the number shroud should be adn on the rear fender...lots of speed and bumps on the ice/snow and it doesn't fall off

so, yes, i trust it completely
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

I use the suction cup, (not a go pro) on the tank looking forward for track days, kinda like a cheap data logger, with a clear screen. Only drawback is that it gets in the way on the straights when you try and fully tuck.
redninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Tested the suction cup and it's okay up to 299kmh!!! Just don't forget to PUSH the tab and PULL the lever.

No issues with damaging the paint using the suction cup. Been using it for than 20x so far....track days and weekend rides.
SilverArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

Garage

Suction cupped to my left lower fairing.

BMW S1000RR Quick Pace, Enjoying the fall foliage. - YouTube
Loomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'd like to be able to bolt on a camera mount when I take the mirrors off for the track. Anyone seen a vendor with a mount like that?
FIDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIDO View Post
I'd like to be able to bolt on a camera mount when I take the mirrors off for the track. Anyone seen a vendor with a mount like that?
No but it gives me an idea.... I bolt my cam to my mirror when I have then on. Bet o could attach a ram mount to the mirror mounts with the mirrors off. Hummm

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Motorcycle App
'02 RC51 Sato exhaust and rearsets, PCIIIr w/Kyle map, Pazzo racing levers, HRC quick turn throttle, PAIR blockoff, Steel braided lines, Race-Tech suspension, Double Bubble screen, Hotbodies under tail, Custom hugger, flush mount turn signals.

'11 BMW S1k Kyle exhaust, PCV w/Kyle map and Auto-tuner, Ohlins 30mm cartridge kit-TTX MKII shock, Sato rearsets, PAIR blockoff, Frame and Axle sliders, Puig screen, Pazzo levers, Yosh case covers-tidy tail, Accossato quick turn throttle, Watsen LEDs.
RC51Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Garage

I received a email from someone who has custom GO-Pro mirror mounts for a GSXR but didnt see on for a BMW, I'll look through the deleted email's to see if I can find it. Maybe they can make or offer one for the S1.
Loomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

I've tried 6+ different ways with the GoPro suction mount on the tank and can't get usable footage. Too shaky. Even tried a rubber band harness to stabilize it better. Didn't help. I really like the dash in the lower frame but the vibrations are killing me. Today was the last attempt. Another waste of time.

Now I've decided the stickies ARE removable (YouTube hair dryer instructions) so I just put one on my helmet and one on the fairing low left.

Tomorrow we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by Mfisher702; 11-10-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Mfisher702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

I have the GO PRO 3 and I have been using the stickie mount. Try putting the stickie below where your mirror attaches to the fairing on either the left or right side. Very stable video

Track- 2011 BMW S1000RR with ABS, TC, and Race Assist. BST Wheels, Shorai Battery, Full Akrapovic Exhaust, Bazzaz, Full Ohlins suspension, Vortex Rearsets, BMC Race Filter, Pazzo Racing Levers, Yoshimura Case Protectors, Stomp tank Pads, Puig Windscreen, Frame Sliders and Fender eliminator
pimpedc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement