2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R vs. 2011 BMW S1000RR Shootout - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > BMW S1000RR Main > BMW S1000RR Forum News

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #31 (permalink)

i feel it is really tough and energetic competation
stevemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #32 (permalink)

Default New bike sales delays due to recall

G'day there.

As we all know there will be a delay in delivery of all new bikes due to the recall.

This would include the ones with the Con-Rods rebuilt, and the unaffected ones.

I tried phoning BMW this morning but they refuse to comment or give any approximate time frame.

Has anyone here (from Europe) heard anything promising?

I'm sick of waiting, now that Winter's over I want my bike
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #33 (permalink)

Default New bike sales delays due to recall

G'day there.

As we all know there will be a delay in delivery of all new bikes due to the recall.

I tried phoning BMW this morning but they refuse to comment or give any approximate time frame.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
G'day there.

This is for 2011 not 2012. There is like a 1000 page thread going on the 2012 recall.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidaeis View Post
I think that using slick mode on public roads with street tires for a "street riding" comparison is irresponsible to say the least. The owners manual states that it is to be used with slick tires and in a track environment. For motorcycle.com to bring up the snatchy throttle response of slick mode in a street review really knocks down some of their credibility in my book. They're obviously having to try pretty hard to find any negatives here.
Slick mode on the streets?!!? What a bunch of uninformed retards! That really is pathetic. Do your "basic" homework before you test motorcycle.com. This is elementary stuff!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
nik08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #36 (permalink)

For me it was a no brainer when I was looking for a new bike and saw a ZX-10R and S1000RR side by side, just from looks alone. The 10R's styling was an afterthought IMO, plus I'd rather pay the extra money for the BMW quality and reputation. They're both nice bikes and extremely powerful, but I had to go with the S1000RR
RedLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
JR.

the ZX-10 is one of the bikes that has provided enough competition for BMW for the the raise the bar, which is good for all of us.

sometime, in the future, i expect to own a ZX-10..
JR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR. View Post
the ZX-10 is one of the bikes that has provided enough competition for BMW for the the raise the bar, which is good for all of us.

sometime, in the future, i expect to own a ZX-10..
don't bother

i have owned alot of ninja's

09 250
05 636
06 zx14
08 zx10

other then the super under powered 250 ninja moped all the other ninjas i owned felt twitchy and cheap compared to the s1000rr i will never own a other ninja again.

they were good bikes but the s1000rr is in a class of its own.

i wish they were cheaper so more riders could own them cause i get alot slack from my fellow rides now. most people who cant buy a s1000rr HATE them!

the new ninja needs a full exhaust, and ecu reflash plus a dyno tune to even start to compete with the s1000rr and even then i doubt they even come close to how smooth my s1krr is. the ninjas throttle feels more like an on off switch compared my bike.

i have yet to meet one person who can "ride" who would sell their bmw for a same year jap bike...
GunSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
don't bother

09 250
05 636
06 zx14
08 zx10

other then the super under powered 250 ninja moped all the other ninjas i owned felt twitchy and cheap compared to the s1000rr i will never own a other ninja again.

i wish they were cheaper so more riders could own them cause i get alot slack from my fellow rides now. most people who cant buy a s1000rr HATE them!

the new ninja needs a full exhaust, and ecu reflash plus a dyno tune to even start to compete with the s1000rr and even then i doubt they even come close to how smooth my s1krr is. the ninjas throttle feels more like an on off switch compared my bike.

i have yet to meet one person who can "ride" who would sell their bmw for a same year jap bike...
The Kawasaki ZX10R is a fast bike no doubt. But not as fast as the S1000RR and for damn sure has no where near the same quality and toughness. I can see my Beamer lasting many years and only spending money on gas.
jevan126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #40 (permalink)
JR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
don't bother

09 250
05 636
06 zx14
08 zx10

thanks for the heads up. interesting thoughts. a few years ago, i spent some time on a ZX14 and the only thing that was memorable was that the brakes were better than my hayabusa. I have never owned a Kawa and it is my intent to buy a ZX14 one of these days. I own abunch of motorcycles and like to try those at the top of the food chain.

i have never ridden a ZX10 but the magazines rate it pretty high.

no doubt about it, the S1000R is an truly amazing bike. I had a 2011 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC Biaggi Special Edition that was gorgeous with GREAT electronics. But there isn't a dealer NEAR chicago and that is scary. Of course, there is only ONE BMW dealer in chicago and it's not very close.

JR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement