CAD parts. Low sided HP4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

CAD parts. Low sided HP4

Sad sad day, to keep the story short I low sided halfway through an exit ramp. Currently at the dealership now for a quick over view, from what I can tell its all cosmetic damage. Where would one go online to source out parts for an HP4 Standard? Preferably within Canada.

What was damaged:
1) Akra carbon shield guard
2) Akra exhaust
3) Engine Crank cover
4) Right side fairing
5) Top fairing
6) Tank fairing
7) Right rearset
8) Tail
9) Brake lever
10) Right mirror
11) Right turn signal

Trying to upload a video for better reference however photo bucket and this site won't allow mp4 videos.

With that in mind
1) Akra carbon shield guard: bolts have been sanded down, asking dealership to remove this piece so I can source one and install it myself
2) Akra exhaust: scratched but no dents of any sort. deliberating whether or not I should just leave this be, thoughts?
3) Engine Crank cover: bolts have been sanded down so i'll be getting my dealership to remove this piece and install a new one for me
4) Fairing's in general: Since #4,5,6 & 8 have been scratched I'm thinking of just buying new fairings all around
5) Rearset: Footpeg was saveable however the clasp that holds it in place has been sheared off. Good idea to just replace it with the factory set up from BMW?
6) Brake lever: Might as well go aftermarket at this point however I have never replaced a set before. How hard would it be to replace the clutch and
brake levers?
Handle bar end piece: Unsure if this piece can even be replaced. Do i just replace the whole handle bar set up? Looks to be just screwed in
7) Right mirror: Replace with factory or are their better ones to replace it with that are relatively the same cost as the oem set up?
8) Might as well replace the oem turn signals that stick out with flush mounted ones? Any suggestions?

Funny part is that I have my frame/engine/axle and handlebar sliders coming in end of this week. If anyone is selling either of this items on the list privately feel free to respond in the thread or send me a message privately. Main point of this thread is that it obviously won't be cheap to fix the bike however I know that some aftermarkets parts are better & cheaper than there oem counterpart.

Last edited by lil1; 04-05-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:10 PM
z00

Sorry to hear, glad you're ok.

You can update video to youtube, post link here.

Many parts on ebay and this forum.

2015 s1000RR
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:35 PM
van

Garage
Sorry to hear about your misfortune...

I don't know the specific part numbers to confirm, but you might have success sourcing the parts from KFM-Motorraeder for less than what it would cost at a dealer, though it might take a little while longer. That it, if you are unable to find any for sale privately.

https://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/bmw-spare-parts
5150 Pops and L8Apex like this.

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 11:10 PM

Garage
Some of the parts you mentioned (mirror, engine covers) aren't Hp4 specific.
In fact, those particular items are the same on all generations RR and the engine covers also should be the same as what is on single R models from 2014-16.

So you could save a few bucks by broadening​ your search field.
van likes this.

2015 KTM SDC 1290R
2015 S1000RR - DDC
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 11:25 PM
sro

There is a member here who is selling an HP4 can. Look him up.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 11:29 PM
sro

I'm sure you could get many of the parts you want off members. I have brake lever, bar ends, and rearsets if you're looking to get stock parts. That said, good opportunity to go aftermarket.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

@sro if you could send/pm me a quote for the brake lever, bar ends, right mirror and right turn signal that would be appreciated. No clue how much any of these parts are so with your quote ill at least have a base line to compare others to. Quote shipped to Calgary, Alberta too if you can. Cheers.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 12:48 PM

If sro doesn't give you what you want, I also have stock parts off my old standard HP4. Have both levers, bar ends, turn signals and rearsets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 BMW HP4 #2710
2013 BMW S1000RR
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2013 Suzuki DRZ400SM
2017 F150 SCREW LARIAT
Check out my IG Page... S1000RRGram
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 01:02 PM
sro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil1 View Post
@sro if you could send/pm me a quote for the brake lever, bar ends, right mirror and right turn signal that would be appreciated. No clue how much any of these parts are so with your quote ill at least have a base line to compare others to. Quote shipped to Calgary, Alberta too if you can. Cheers.

Although I wouldn't mind selling my parts, you might be better off getting these parts from Fbto since he is in Canada. See what he has to offer first.
Fbto likes this.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 04:11 PM

I have a hp4 exhaust canister and carbon fiber strap for 700 shipped. It is listed on the forum

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Street- 2014 BMW HP4

Track/Race- 2015 BMW S1000rr/ 2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R- the usual race mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode