Sad sad day, to keep the story short I low sided halfway through an exit ramp. Currently at the dealership now for a quick over view, from what I can tell its all cosmetic damage. Where would one go online to source out parts for an HP4 Standard? Preferably within Canada.
What was damaged:
1) Akra carbon shield guard
2) Akra exhaust
3) Engine Crank cover
4) Right side fairing
5) Top fairing
6) Tank fairing
7) Right rearset
9) Brake lever
10) Right mirror
11) Right turn signal
Trying to upload a video for better reference however photo bucket and this site won't allow mp4 videos.
With that in mind
1) Akra carbon shield guard: bolts have been sanded down, asking dealership to remove this piece so I can source one and install it myself
2) Akra exhaust: scratched but no dents of any sort. deliberating whether or not I should just leave this be, thoughts?
3) Engine Crank cover: bolts have been sanded down so i'll be getting my dealership to remove this piece and install a new one for me
4) Fairing's in general: Since #4,5,6 & 8 have been scratched I'm thinking of just buying new fairings all around
5) Rearset: Footpeg was saveable however the clasp that holds it in place has been sheared off. Good idea to just replace it with the factory set up from BMW?
6) Brake lever: Might as well go aftermarket at this point however I have never replaced a set before. How hard would it be to replace the clutch and
Handle bar end piece: Unsure if this piece can even be replaced. Do i just replace the whole handle bar set up? Looks to be just screwed in
7) Right mirror: Replace with factory or are their better ones to replace it with that are relatively the same cost as the oem set up?
8) Might as well replace the oem turn signals that stick out with flush mounted ones? Any suggestions?
Funny part is that I have my frame/engine/axle and handlebar sliders coming in end of this week.
If anyone is selling either of this items on the list privately feel free to respond in the thread or send me a message privately. Main point of this thread is that it obviously won't be cheap to fix the bike however I know that some aftermarkets parts are better & cheaper than there oem counterpart.