Which tank grips for the white HP4 tank - Tech Spec or Stomp Grips? - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Which tank grips for the white HP4 tank - Tech Spec or Stomp Grips?

I'm not a fan of the aesthetics associated with either pads. However, I'd like to use something and the Stomp Grips (clear) seem to be the less noticeable of the two brands.

Which do you all recommend? I'd like to do clear or white Tech Specs (Snake Skin) but it seems like black is the only available color.
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

Tech specs grip a lot better and compliment the black on the rest of the bike nicely. I have the clear stomp grips and I've ridden the tech specs

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Vidaeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

I had the clear one cut and fitted on my S1000RR (motorsport colors) and it was still pretty visible.
Kamran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah I've had the clear Stomp Grips sitting in my garage for a few weeks now but I've been debating going with the Tech Specs. My reasoning is that they both appear to stand out, regardless of the Stomp Grips being clear, and if they both stand out, the Tech Specs seem to blend better and appear more "natural" to the existing body work.

If that makes sense.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran View Post
I had the clear one cut and fitted on my S1000RR (motorsport colors) and it was still pretty visible.
That's what I was afraid of. I wanna get the 2013 motosport colors and I knew the clear one will hinder those beautiful tank colors
SuperSic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Something to also be aware of with Stomp Grip is that it can wear down your leathers down much faster than Tech Spec.
wattsy_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

I like the tech spec. Easy to install and looks good.
CVMA #65
jr3racing.com
1hotlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I have the 2010 S1K in the Motorsports colors and went with the TechSpec Snake Skin (SS). I've put on 11k miles since then and they are still looking great. I did not feel that the black color took anything away from the look and feel of the motorcycle. Plus the pattern of the Snake Skin matched the rest of the motorcycles pattern on the fairing.

All in all pretty happy with the outcome. The one thing that I know about the clear is that it does get cloudy and dirty looking over time. The center piece I have is clear and needs to be replaced. Also, the rubbing of my jacket has left blackish scuffing marks on the clear material.
flwbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Let us know what you end up doing. This is next on my list of things to do before I put a lot more miles on. I had the black TechSpec on my 2010 and did not think it detracted from the bike. I would be inclined to do black again given all the carbon fiber on the bike.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyCollector View Post
Let us know what you end up doing. This is next on my list of things to do before I put a lot more miles on. I had the black TechSpec on my 2010 and did not think it detracted from the bike. I would be inclined to do black again given all the carbon fiber on the bike.
I think I'll give the TechSpec pads a try. Originally I thought the black color would take away from having the white tank and the clear would be a better match. But it sounds like that isn't the case, and the clear could actually yellow/discolor over time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement