MY HP4 comp cost me $26,446 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default MY HP4 comp cost me $26,446

I was so excited about getting the HP4 I never even looked at how much it cost me!
It's a HOT item so I wasn't going to negotiate, but the dealer charged me over MSRP.

I think MSRP for an HP4 comp is $24,995
The dealer charged me $25,995 + $396 in handling and $55 for doc fee.
I don't pay taxes since I'm in oregon.

anyway - looks like he charged me $1000 over MSRP before shipping and handling charges. For what?
noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 01:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Did you get the passenger pillion option or the heated grips? Alarm?

HEED THIS: AGATT

" On a bike when you take direction/speed/angle into consideration on a second by second basis there is NO time to think. A decision has to made instantly! On the street for example add to that road conditions/inattentive drivers etc....etc... and the variables are just too many. Its got to be done by instinct or take a break. " - Sal R1
BavarianBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBomber View Post
Did you get the passenger pillion option or the heated grips? Alarm?
No just heated grips that come included with the HP4 comp.
Besides that I didn't get anything else. He wouldn't even give me the LED turn lights that are shown on the pictures on the bmw website.

I have the PDF for the HP4 on my computer:
19900 Base MSRP
4470 Comp package
285 Pillion rider
250 Heated grips
Total: 24995 MSRP
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Oh. Well damn. That's not ok. I paid less than MSRP for the same bike. Definitely worth mentioning.

" On a bike when you take direction/speed/angle into consideration on a second by second basis there is NO time to think. A decision has to made instantly! On the street for example add to that road conditions/inattentive drivers etc....etc... and the variables are just too many. Its got to be done by instinct or take a break. " - Sal R1
Old 12-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noamkrief View Post
looks like he charged me $1000 over MSRP before shipping and handling charges. For what?
For not paying attention Seriously, they are salesmen, that's what they do. It's your job as buyer to talk them down. It also sounds like you can easily afford it. But if you're really pissed you should call them on it. Maybe you can at least get some free stuff. Good luck.

Edit: Just saw you post again before I could finish this one. I feel for you man, and I wish there was a such thing as 'moral obligation'. If you want to know what really goes on in the world of sales you should watch a movie called "Glengarry Glen Ross". It's brutal.

Last edited by HULK; 12-14-2012 at 01:39 AM.
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah - taking advantage for no reason. I think they have a moral obligation to say if they attempt to charge over MSRP.
I've been a loyal BMW customer for many many years.
I've had 4 M3's, 2 M5's
2012 S1000RR

Doesn't feel good to be taken advantage in this way.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK View Post
For not paying attention Seriously, they are salesmen, that's what they do. It's your job as buyer to talk them down. It also sounds like you can easily afford it. But if you're really pissed you should call them on it. Maybe you can at least get some free stuff. Good luck.
Maybe it's my job to talk them down, but honestly, I wasn't in the mood.
But to be charged OVER MSRP is a different story. For what cause? what reason?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noamkrief View Post
Maybe it's my job to talk them down, but honestly, I wasn't in the mood.
But to be charged OVER MSRP is a different story. For what cause? what reason?
Well, its pretty simple actually: supply and demand. They know HP's are being sold faster than they are being produced so they can charge a premium. The last car I bought, the sales manager of a dealership I did not buy from straight up told me "I have the right to make a profit", and he was charging $1,500 over msrp. I went elsewhere.
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Talking about being taken advantage of... Buy a VANOS unit for an M car... THAT'S some BS! Lol.

But seriously... Call them out on it. Without it being blatantly stated I doubt they can get away with this if it IS an attempt at over-charging without notifying you. Caveat emptor, as the saying goes...

Best of luck!

Old 12-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK View Post
Well, its pretty simple actually: supply and demand. They know HP's are being sold faster than they are being produced so they can charge a premium. The last car I bought, the sales manager of a dealership I did not buy from straight up told me "I have the right to make a profit". I went elsewhere.
Whatever... what goes around comes around. If's he's going to be a wheezle for an extra grand so be it. The fact will always remain that he's a POS salesperson and I can piss a grand for breakfast.

I didn't look at the numbers, but I specifically asked him if he's charging me MSRP which i'm totally fine with...
I put a deposit for $1000 bucks and then he sent me an email for the balance $25,446.00 and gave me their account # and routing and I went to the bank and made a transfer. But I totally asked him if it's MSRP...

I never think people would be so sneaky because I would never do that to another person - so I don't suspect it.
If my mother found out I ever treated another human being that way, should wouldn't talk to me for a year!

Last edited by noamkrief; 12-14-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement