MY HP4 comp cost me $26,446 - Page 6 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 01:55 AM   #51 (permalink)

Kind of relative (and an attempt to relieve the tension) but my very well off friend that owns several websites popular with the college crowd has actually thrown away $2k in front of me at dinner. We were in Miami at Liv and we wanted to go in but they have that well known line so he bought a few bottles and a VIP table and then we left so he just gave away $2k in liquor. I was floored and he doesn't care. He also is the nicest, most down to Earth and unassuming guy you'll ever meet. Besides his disregard for $, you'd never know he's a multi millionaire. He also has no concept of money as he remarked that $30k for a motorcycle seemed " cheap ". Hahaha. As the kids say these days, #firstworldproblems.

Glad we all are lucky enough to have our health and these amazing machines!

HEED THIS: AGATT

" On a bike when you take direction/speed/angle into consideration on a second by second basis there is NO time to think. A decision has to made instantly! On the street for example add to that road conditions/inattentive drivers etc....etc... and the variables are just too many. Its got to be done by instinct or take a break. " - Sal R1
BavarianBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #52 (permalink)

For those who wanted to see some photos:

Got to palm springs on Friday with my track bike 2011 Ninja zx6r (great bike by the way)

Chuckwalla track day sat,sun,mon.

HP4 delivered from San Francisco on Saturday evening at 7pm.
Parked the bike next to my room in the hallway (open hallway). Initially I wanted to just put it in the room for the weekend, but I didn't want to risk trying to fit it in the door.

At 10pm Hotel management knocked on my door with a policeman. Said I couldn't have the bike there hahahaha.
They were super nice, offered to cone it off in the 5 minute parking infront of the lobby where there is a security guard. I put one of those front disk brake alarms on it.

Sunday morning, I rode it to the track. Was amazing. Couldn't stop smiling. I pretty much left it in 6th gear and went from 4000rpm to 9000rpm half throttle back and forth all 70 mile trip.

At the track the bike was safe. Much safer than infront of a hotel.
Monday night loaded up the Kawi and HP4 side by side and headed back to san diego. My girlfriend's mini cooper tows awesome. It's got 220HP. 20 more than the HP4 hahahaha!!!

Now the HP4 is with its new family. the kawi, the S1000RR and my girlfriend's gixxer.

noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #53 (permalink)

Congrats. Waiting for your full review compared to the bluefire and your old 1199.

Did it see the track?
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
Congrats. Waiting for your full review compared to the bluefire and your old 1199.

Did it see the track?

Build quality compared to an S1000RR? - SAME. Absolutely identical!

Power difference? - about the same. S1000RR is very strong!

Sound? - obviously much better on the HP4. It sounds amazing.

Suspension? - You can DEFINITELY feel it working. Or it's the decrease in
unsprung weight due to the lighter wheels.

Color? - It's very nice. I like the bluefire color better. But it's a beautiful color. Everyone seems to really like it. I had like 10 people at the track helping me load it and tie it down. Non of them wanted to see it get hurt...

HAHAHA - the way it happened, me and my girlfriend loaded it up and tied it a million times by the very end it looked like a x-mas present on the trailer.

Then all these guys (most of them I know) were drinking beer and started walking towards me and my girlfriend and said "we need to do an intervention"...

I was like - ok... whats up????
They insisted they would tie my bike down and basically told me to back off!!! hahaha So protective of my bike - I love it!!!

I am a new rider so I let my buddy Frank ride it on the track for 5 laps to break in the tires for me. He has an S1000RR as well.
He said he loved the suspension. He said that it's as if someone professionally tuned the suspension for that track. He used the word - PERFECT.

He hauls the mail (meaning - he's fast) so I trust his opinion very much.

I suspect that the HP4 is mostly what I bought it for. It's a collector item, moment in history, and exclusivity. Those with S1000RR's who don't care about those things, get an exhaust, some ohlins, and you'll blow the HP4 out of the water... maybe hahaha
Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #55 (permalink)

I was going to say good job on those tires!! I can take the 190's to the edge, but not sure what effort will be needed on these huge 200's!!

So did you take it out on track? You might need to do some back to back laps on the two bimmers and compare lap times.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
I was going to say good job on those tires!! I can take the 190's to the edge, but not sure what effort will be needed on these huge 200's!!

So did you take it out on track? You might need to do some back to back laps on the two bimmers and compare lap times.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
No, I didn't have the guts to take it on the track. I'm such a new rider, my laptimes are all over the place. Not even dragging knee yet

Noam Ben-Hamou at chuckwalla riding a motorcycle - YouTube

4 months of riding. Never even been on a scooter before.
As you can see, I have fear of leaning. Working on the basics, body position...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement