Still no delivery date - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Still no delivery date

Am I the only person who put a deposit on an hp4 that doesn't know when I can expect it?

My dealer says my hp4 I have reserved is not in their system and has no idea when to expect it. I asked him to email Germany and he refused.
noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noamkrief View Post
Am I the only person who put a deposit on an hp4 that doesn't know when I can expect it?

My dealer says my hp4 I have reserved is not in their system and has no idea when to expect it. I asked him to email Germany and he refused.
Odd he would refuse.. Did you try the sales manager?
Where are you ordering from?
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

He is the sales manager. BMW motorcycle dealer in San Diego.
I'm actually pissed. Some people in the gorum know of their delivery date in April. But I don't even have a date.

Any hp4 comp in the USA ready to be sold and shipped? Ill cancel my order and buy somewhere else.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm in the same boat, I have no info on mine either. I'm not stressed about it. I still need to try & sell my '09 CBR Repsol. I live in Ohio. It's going to be sh!t weather for months. I would like to take the bike to Daytona in March for bike week.
M GmbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Same boat but I got a little more information. I was told Feb or Mar but they are basically taking deposits on a belief that BMW will ship out more HP4's Q1 2013.

I have a feeling some people, myself included, may end up with a refund on the deposit.
Jayhawkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
Same boat but I got a little more information. I was told Feb or Mar but they are basically taking deposits on a belief that BMW will ship out more HP4's Q1 2013.

I have a feeling some people, myself included, may end up with a refund on the deposit.
You mean just because we have a deposit doesn't guarantee us the hp4 we reserved? They may just call us one day and say "here is a refund. No hp4 for you!!!"

WTF????
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have no word on when to expect mine and was told I was the "first" to put a deposit down for the comp. Now I wonder am I really the "first" or the last?
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

The deposit is only a dealer guarantee that if they get the model in you'll get it but if they do not get the model then no deal. My dealer had 3 HP4's set aside with two of them delivered and one of them due in January. My deposit will either cover that bike if the other people backs out or the second run of bikes that they were told was highly probable by Feb/Mar.

Jayhawkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Put my deposit down in early October. I haven't a clue when or if I'll see it. Dealer was told he was getting one of each and he called me first to take my money.

Spring is fine with me as I can't ride now anyways. Just wish I knew for sure I was getting one.
moman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

If nervous, I'd source one from a different dealer. Although the plan is every dealer gets one of each model, there is going to be movement of inventory from dealer to dealer once they arrive, or you could source direct via cycletrader or similar methods. By then, I would guess there will be some resales possible as well. If you really want one, I'd have a heart to heart with your dealer pronto.
Advertisement