Still no delivery date - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

^^^
LOL I called him last Tuesday. He was going to check into it and get back to me. Silence since then, maybe he found out he was on the short end of deliveries
moman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

I called the BMW motorcycle in Long Beach CA to see if they have a comp available, check out what they said!!!!!

We have 4 comps coming to us, and 7 people with $1000 deposits for comps.

I clarified - indeed, they oversold it!!!

I called my dealer in San Diego freaking out. I told him "how many people put a deposit and how many comps are you getting?"
He said - "getting 3 comps, and you are deposit #3".

I told him about long beach CA, and the deposits they took on bikes they will never get and he said that was strange.

He assured me that they are allocated 3 Comps and i'm deposit #3 and there is NO WAY that I won't be getting my HP4, it's just that they have no VIN, and no information. They have gotten 1 so far, today. Not mine obviously...

I'm tired of waiting for this HP4. seems like everyone on this forum already has one HAHAHAHA you know the feeling???? am I alone?
noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

Don't worry there are others of us waiting patiently as well
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

I hear ya but in my case the wait is good as long as I eventually end up with one. I don't get home until April so the Feb/Mar time frame works out perfect for me.
Jayhawkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GmbH View Post
I'm in the same boat, I have no info on mine either. I'm not stressed about it. I still need to try & sell my '09 CBR Repsol. I live in Ohio. It's going to be sh!t weather for months. I would like to take the bike to Daytona in March for bike week.
Strange... Just did the same thing.... sold my 09 Repsol and got the the HP4, Well the dealer just bought it off me. Im getting badgered by the Orange Army on Repsol forum..... Yeah weather sucks... No Rush to ride... Thats why I'm doing the stuff to it now...
2009 Merc CL63 PP3
Wanna see something really fast....
http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...0Passhires.mp4
maddrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

As explained by my dealer. There are order cut off date for each production timeframe. (He didnt clarify whether production period are per quarter )

If i placed my deposit 1 week earlier i would have been able to get mine at the end of Dec. Since i didnt do it and placed it on 28th of Nov, now my order fall into Jan Production with around March expected delivery.

When you mentioned 'oversold', i think they were oversold for this current period over each dealer's stock allocation, and those order that cannot be fulfilled would automactically falls into the next period???

So to my understanding, future customer like u or me who hadnt got any order/VIN number or delivery date is simply becoz our order has not even started manufacturing yet....

Besides there is a question i always wanted to ask.....everyone on the board say there will only be 2500 hp4 with 600 Comp, Where does it say this exact number?? Is this number for worldwide or just US? I read through BMW website it only says production period til 2014........

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jskit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

That was my impression too on the production runs and the next batch being around March. I also can't find a specific number of bikes manufactured except "though 2014" on their site.
Jayhawkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #18 (permalink)

It was that way with the 2012's with the recalls and all. They couldnt give dates and stuff. Just hang in there and be patient ... you will get one just a matter of when will you get it.
DemonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #19 (permalink)

my dealer showed me their computer system. Pretty cool.
They can see from production through delivery.
Step by step - each phase. Even shows container / boat info.

I don't believe he was able to see when a new production run was planned, only when it started.

He also told me my HP4 was odd as it NEVER showed in the production stage, but all of a sudden showed up with container/boat info.

Thought I'd share a bit of what I saw.

Good luck guys-
Hope u get yours soon.
Trust me- its worth the wait!!!
Twisted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Hex

Default Totals

Gentlemen there will be 154 comps and 228 regulars for the USA and that is it. 382 total. These numbers are alluded to in the thread about quantities.
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement