Who's the first to get the hp4 - Page 5 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
Here you go Jimmy! Congrats!!

Attachment 10756Attachment 10757Attachment 10758

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
So do I get the privilege of having the first hp4 std at home with prove
I love this bike
Jimmyc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyc. View Post
So do I get the privilege of having the first hp4 std at home with prove
I love this bike
You win! The cash prize is in the mail on its way!!! Congrats!!

But seriously! Get out there and ride her!!!

2013 BMW HP4 #0162
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS
2005 HONDA CR125
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (for sale)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
You win! The cash prize is in the mail on its way!!! Congrats!!

But seriously! Get out there and ride her!!!

Now that you mention it I don't feel too good I think I'm getting sick cough,cough might have to call in sick tomorrow at work ,lol
Jimmyc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #44 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoost View Post
I've never seen anyone with the Race Kit. Who can program these? Isn't this over-kill - vs a Power Commander V.

Forgive my ignorance, & I'll read up on it tonight, but for a bike like this with just an exhaust is this too much?
No i understand where your coming from. The Akr that comes on the bike is restricted.It has a Cat and silencer. The race kit exhaust has no cat and breathes a lot better. But one of the biggest reasons is that its original HP and will hold the value compared to a regular evo system with a PCV or Bazzaz. That, and they worked very close with the race teams to develop this. Since no one had the HP's no one could really make anything until now. A HP authorized dealer can get everything and program the enable code. I also opted out of the break in period. never once did I follow the break in period and ALL of my bikes ran strong and dyno'd good numbers comparatively. I'm going to dyno it with the stock parts and code removed then with the race kit. When the weather brakes I will get the calibration tool then change the maps accordingly for seasons and race fuel. I agree its a lil steep but after 25K I might as well go all in... Here is a better look at the parts

2009 Merc CL63 PP3
Wanna see something really fast....
http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...0Passhires.mp4
maddrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddrama View Post
No i understand where your coming from. The Akr that comes on the bike is restricted.It has a Cat and silencer.

The race kit exhaust has no cat and breathes a lot better. But one of the biggest reasons is that its original HP and will hold the value compared to a regular evo system with a PCV or Bazzaz.

That, and they worked very close with the race teams to develop this. Since no one had the HP's no one could really make anything until now.

A HP authorized dealer can get everything and program the enable code. I also opted out of the break in period. never once did I follow the break in period and ALL of my bikes ran strong and dyno'd good numbers comparatively.

I'm going to dyno it with the stock parts and code removed then with the race kit. When the weather brakes I will get the calibration tool then change the maps accordingly for seasons and race fuel. I agree its a lil steep but after 25K I might as well go all in... Here is a better look at the parts
Maddrama: Thanks for the details, as I really appreciate it. I agree with you on holding their value & I really want a different (full) exhaust, as well & I was planning on going with a PCV.

That being said, you have me interested in this route. With a Shorty Akra, does the HP Race Kit come with a tune specifically set for that exhaust, if ordered through BMW and for 93 Oct?

OR do you have to find someone (an HP authorized dealer) to tune it....

This is the big money question for me. For the amount we spent on the bike, I don't have an issue with getting custom tune, but I need to feel confident about the tune on the bike.

I'd much rather have a custom tune, but the new tuning on this bike, as you mentioned above, has been tweaked with the help of the race teams....

Any insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thanks-Big Boost
BigBoost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #46 (permalink)

HP4 Competition arrived earlier today at my dealer. Original buyer has backed out, so it's up for grabs. I plan to check it out tomorrow morning, but despite the exclusiveness of the bike, had I waited for it, I would have lost the past four months of riding, and those were some phenomenal months of riding...
2010 S1000RR (sold)
2007 F800S (sold)
kismetcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #47 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoost View Post
Maddrama: Thanks for the details, as I really appreciate it. I agree with you on holding their value & I really want a different (full) exhaust, as well & I was planning on going with a PCV.

That being said, you have me interested in this route. With a Shorty Akra, does the HP Race Kit come with a tune specifically set for that exhaust, if ordered through BMW and for 93 Oct?

OR do you have to find someone (an HP authorized dealer) to tune it....

This is the big money question for me. For the amount we spent on the bike, I don't have an issue with getting custom tune, but I need to feel confident about the tune on the bike.

I'd much rather have a custom tune, but the new tuning on this bike, as you mentioned above, has been tweaked with the help of the race teams....

Any insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thanks-Big Boost
Yes the control unit and the enabling code are designed Specifically for this exhaust and the electronics. I went back and forth with the Reps because someone said when you buy the HP Race kit it puts the bike into a manual warranty status. I was like WTF does that mean... SOOOOOOOO I ca put a Akr Evo on and a PCV and my warranty stays the same but with original HP items it changes? So I finally got a hold of a NA Rep and He told me that if I put the HP race kit on the warranty will only be NOT honored from abuse or tampering with the control unit. He said redlining it for 5 minutes or rolling burnouts for a 1/4 of mile constitutes abuse. He assured me that it is very easy for them to tell EXACTLY what was going on when the bike failed. We can tell if its been on the track or not without even seeing the bike he said. They just need the ECU. I believe that, He also stated thats how every S1000 case is when there is engine failure, Someone at BMW determines if it was abuse. Makes sense, and thats how it should be. I was going to go with a Akr Evo with a PCV if that was the case. So that was my journey through the pipeline of trying to find out what to get. I mean I was on phones with them day in and day out. If you would like to call me I could probably explain better. PM me if you want my number. Hope this helps you out Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
HP4 Competition arrived earlier today at my dealer. Original buyer has backed out, so it's up for grabs. I plan to check it out tomorrow morning, but despite the exclusiveness of the bike, had I waited for it, I would have lost the past four months of riding, and those were some phenomenal months of riding...
So are you gonna get it?
2009 Merc CL63 PP3
Wanna see something really fast....
http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...0Passhires.mp4
maddrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
What the hell are you waiting for then. Just get the damn thing. You know you want it
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddrama View Post
Yes the control unit and the enabling code are designed Specifically for this exhaust and the electronics. I went back and forth with the Reps because someone said when you buy the HP Race kit it puts the bike into a manual warranty status. I was like WTF does that mean... SOOOOOOOO I ca put a Akr Evo on and a PCV and my warranty stays the same but with original HP items it changes? So I finally got a hold of a NA Rep and He told me that if I put the HP race kit on the warranty will only be NOT honored from abuse or tampering with the control unit. He said redlining it for 5 minutes or rolling burnouts for a 1/4 of mile constitutes abuse. He assured me that it is very easy for them to tell EXACTLY what was going on when the bike failed. We can tell if its been on the track or not without even seeing the bike he said. They just need the ECU. I believe that, He also stated thats how every S1000 case is when there is engine failure, Someone at BMW determines if it was abuse. Makes sense, and thats how it should be. I was going to go with a Akr Evo with a PCV if that was the case. So that was my journey through the pipeline of trying to find out what to get. I mean I was on phones with them day in and day out. If you would like to call me I could probably explain better. PM me if you want my number. Hope this helps you out
I'll PM you later, I would like to touch base and understand this better.

thanks for the help.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #50 (permalink)

2010 S1000RR (sold)
2007 F800S (sold)
kismetcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement