Originally Posted by Fbto
Close!! I cancelled my bird in the hand and went back on my waiting list for the competition! Go big or go home. Decided I want the competition or nothing. So 2 in the bush! Took the risk. Might end up with nothing! But willing to take the risk!!
Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
I procrastinated too long and wasn't able to secure a competition model in my state. They had some base models available, but those blue wheels and carbon and levers/rear sets are just too sexy to pass up. I ended up finding one out of state so I guess I will make a road trip out of it.
Sounds a bit risky in your neck of the woods though. Hopefully you get it. If not you could always upgrade the base to a competition adding parts (is there anything different in terms of numberplates or VIN that would distinguish a base vs a competition if you were to upgrade a base?). I would just try and bribe the dealer and offer them more money if you really want the competition...they can maybe come up with some excuse why they now only had one...lol.